The perfect way to solve the issue of whether today's

This is exactly my point...a poll to find out what the marching members really DO think, rather than hearing it from someone on the board who may have only talked to 135 members who don't dare contradict the corps Director. I didn't say their "vote" should dictate the BOD vote, but I want a REAL accounting of what the marching members think.

Again, what the members may think right now may not be the best decision for DCI.

My corps did a survey back when the Bb change was brought up. The majority of the corps didn't want to switch (I believe it was over 90-95%). That same corps and many of those same members after a summer on Bb's couldn't imagine going back to G horns. I'm glad that the decision was made by people with a more long term vision.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see members clamoring for the addition of mallets way back when...and alumni certainly didn't ask for them....ditto timpani...ditto two valve horns...even further back...ditto contras....mellophones...multi-drums.

Did you know that...

All of the instruments you mentioned are played acoustically.

Now you know!

Sigh - Mike - all accoustic. We're in a whole different category of change today......

Contras, mellophones, grounded pits, kevlar drum heads, arranging styles all substantially changed the sound of drum corps throughout the years.

Why is this change so much different? Just because you have to plug it in?

<---- Ammused! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

DOOM AND GLOOM DOOM AND GLOOM!!!!! I WIN!

And I find it hard to believe that someone seeing a drum corps for the first time and falling in love with it like I did, would end up not marching, or changing their opinion on the activity once they found out that there was a synthesizer in the pit.

Contras, mellophones, grounded pits, kevlar drum heads, arranging styles all substantially changed the sound of drum corps throughout the years.

Why is this change so much different? Just because you have to plug it in?

Yep - pretty much. It's no longer accoustic. You're straying into theatre now. It's great - on Broadway.