Sad News....

RIP, Sean. My condolences to the rest of the Holton family and to the Skyliners Organization.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew Sean for 20+ years starting as an EMBA judge when I judged with his dad and then seeing Sean as a great drum instructor with the Linden band. Always a class act...and just an all-round wonderful person. He will be missed.

Although I hadn't seen or spoken to Sean in quite sometime, I am deeply saddened to learn of his passing. He was always a quiet, friendly presence to me during my time with the Skyliners and I truly regret never having told him how much his support meant to me. I will always remember his wonderful spirit, his quick wit and sense of humor and the last words he ever said to me...

"You know there Miss Quinn, you look rather ridiculous running around a football field without a shako on".

On behalf of the Empire Statesmen and the Quinn family (Don, Kathy, Regina and Janis), our deepest sympathies go out to the Holton and Skyliner families for their loss.

Sean, thank you for giving me the opportunity to have known you. I am a better person for it.

May you rest in peace.

Regina Quinn

When I got the call from my kids about Sean, I was speechless... My thoughts are with Bob and Sean's family... Sean was a class act in every way... the activity will miss him dearly...

I never really got to know Sean except through DCP. I had the pleasure of meeting him at the HOF induction ceremony for Chris. He was a truly nice guy and he will be sorely missed.

Laurie and I send Seans family and friends our condolences.

RIP Sean :(

Mary do you have any info on services?

Lou,

The wake will be on Thursday at the Day Funeral Home, 361 Maple Place, Keyport, NJ. Hours are 2-4 and 7-9.

Funeral is private.

Bob and Carol's address is :

Mr and Mrs Robert Holton

100 Drake Place

Colonia, NJ 07067

I do not have Sean and Patty's address.

Ray

My husband and I have known Sean for many many years . Carol and I pushed strollers around together while our husbands played Drum corps!!!! Our children eventually joined them in this wonderful SKYLINER family and became friends. Sean was always mentioned at our dinner table after a long practice weekend because he always had something lite to say to our girls and tried to keep them on the straight and narrow (always the big brother).. I know my family has been better for knowing Sean and so has the Drum corps world .

TO Bob, Carol ,Stacey,Jeff and seans wife and the rest of their famlies,

Don and I send our deepest and heartfelt sympathies. You are in out thoughts and prayers.

Sean ,we will miss you always , Rest in Peace our Skyliner Brother .

Kathy & Donnie Quinn

Lord God,

You gave us Sean for so short a time.

His life had so much promise.

His future was before him.

His life has passed too quickly.

By the death and resurrection of your Son we are redeemed.

Make Sean worthy to share the joys of paradise.

Grant him full life in Christ,

and may he stand with all the angels and saints before

your throne for all eternity.

Amen.