So can we get an honest answer

No but the mob needs to know what souvie stands to keep their money away from. <**>

Well spotted! :)

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And again I ask the question.... Why does it matter?

Already been answered - people want to know who to support. A financial voice is all we have.

And again I ask the question.... Why does it matter?

Because, in the end, this is politics. In politics, follow the money. People may be more or less willing to donate, or more likely, will continue to donate but lean on their "senator"/director to go a certain way.

Knowing where your "senator" stands is important.

Meh, I more want to know who voted for it just so I can think about possible ways that those corps would use the electronics. You know, just make up little things that I think would be in the style of the corps. I'm not going to stop supporting the kids based on a vote by their director. The kids didn't cast that vote, and not supporting the corps only hurts them. If I like the show, I will buy the souvies.

So.. because a corps uses a tool provided for under another much maligned and controversial (to everyone but the corps, it seems) vote, that would automatically mean they would vote for everything that falls under those categories in the future?

Adam, your logic (and I use the term loosely) is flawed considerably.

stop being lazy and expecting it handed to you and do a little leg work yourself.

Okay Stef, I'll bite.

My logic is that those directors and design teams which have jumped on the legality of amplified voice and utilized it in their shows are MORE LIKELY, yes you read that correctly, more likely to be the ones that voted in favour of electronics, and my post was merely a suggestion as to who I thought might have accounted for some of the "ayes". Do you find this to be so unreasonable that it warranted an attack on my logical abilities? Next time you find yourself with a little extra time, try picking up an upper level engineering course in control systems. Then we will talk about logic. Deal?

Now, that is the second time in a week you have called me lazy. I really do not understand where this is coming from. Last week you called me lazy, I defended myself, others refuted your claims, the Oxford Dictionary contradicted your claims, and you were mysteriously silent in that thread until it was locked. I could just as easily throw adjectives around about you, but then again I don't know you or anything about you other than that which is presented on these forums.

Because, in the end, this is politics. In politics, follow the money. People may be more or less willing to donate, or more likely, will continue to donate but lean on their "senator"/director to go a certain way.

Knowing where your "senator" stands is important.

So, you are willing to kill the activity all together? Becuase in a sense, that is what you are saying. You are wiling to sacrifice ten corps, in an already dismal field, in order to voice your opinion? You would actually want these groups to NOT succeed? You would actually want to promote the death of the activity?

I'm just curious.

So, you are willing to kill the activity all together? Becuase in a sense, that is what you are saying. You are wiling to sacrifice ten corps, in an already dismal field, in order to voice your opinion? You would actually want these groups to NOT succeed? You would actually want to promote the death of the activity?

I'm just curious.

Those ten corps are vouching for the passage of a rule that would legalize the usage of new expensive equipment. A dent in their souvie profit is not going to kill them, but it is one of only a few ways some people have to act in protest of the proposed rule changes.

No but the mob needs to know what souvie stands to keep their money away from. <**>

And you know what, it's my money, thankyouverymuch, and I'll spend it as I see fit.

The way I see fit is to not support corps who choose to use electronics. Therefore, in order for me to be an informed consumer, I'd like to know the actual breakdown of the vote. It's not an unreasonable request, as this information has been released in the past.

Is it that hard to understand? That if I'm unhappy with the direction of a coprs or organization that I can try and influence it where it matters most: In the wallet?

Okay Stef, I'll bite.

My logic is that those directors and design teams which have jumped on the legality of amplified voice and utilized it in their shows are MORE LIKELY, yes you read that correctly, more likely to be the ones that voted in favour of electronics, and my post was merely a suggestion as to who I thought might have accounted for some of the "ayes". Do you find this to be so unreasonable that it warranted an attack on my logical abilities? Next time you find yourself with a little extra time, try picking up an upper level engineering course in control systems. Then we will talk about logic. Deal?

well I imagine if I had an interest in upper level engineering in control systems, I might jump right on that.. but since I don't.. and since I DO have a keen interest in logic I'll just keep on keepin on, Deal? As for your logical abilities.. if you wish to be specific, I didn't address your abilities.. only that your logic in that argument was flawed at best. That you chose to take that as a personal affront is on you, mah brothah..

Now, that is the second time in a week you have called me lazy. I really do not understand where this is coming from. Last week you called me lazy, I defended myself, others refuted your claims, the Oxford Dictionary contradicted your claims, and you were mysteriously silent in that thread until it was locked. I could just as easily throw adjectives around about you, but then again I don't know you or anything about you other than that which is presented on these forums.

Really? I don't remember the first time.. must not have been too memorable in my mind. In fact, I don't recall the second time either because mostly, you were about the furthest person from my mind when I posted it. Again.. that you took it to heart is on you. As for your paranoia about my "mysterious silence" I don't know what else to tell you.. I have a life.. I don't go back and re-read every thread I participate in once I've made a comment. On to the next by then.. not my fault they closed it before I went back.

To each his own, though..

Oh and for the record, I'd tell my own mother she was lazy if she asked someone else for something she could get with the same effort it takes to ask someone else to give it to her with.

serious, dog.