Profanity/Vulgarity/Word Filter/Circumvention Guideline

True.

True.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. Egregiously is my new word for the f word.

Uhh, but now that I told you that..... am I going to get suspended for my intent? I mean... if I'm speeding and I don't get caught........................

This thread is so totally, egregiously, Hasselhoffed it ain't funny. :huh:

So fe##in# funny.

"Once in a lifetime" lyrics...

"Same as it ever was...same as it ever was..." :P

i admit that i too am confused and could use some clarity on this issue as well.

Lisa's examples were just a start of many that can be given.

additionally, for those who are worried about parents coming here to decide if their child should march, there are many other things that could offend them besides words. we have a thread about gays in DCI. to me that is part of the real world of drum corps. to some parents that would be enough to make them decide that their child won't march. all the heated debates might turn some parent off. heck the term Pizza Orgasmica might make some parent think DCA is nothing but an orgy. :huh:

my point is that someone who is looking for a reason to be offended by drum corps is going to find a reason. it isn't going to come down to someone saying WTF or LMAO, or F***.

Personally, I think the best part of all of this is.... my post.... the one that started all of this... the post that might make parents decide to not let their kids join drum corps....the post that might make all of Christendom fall into the sea with its egregious vulgarity....the one that got me suspended for four days.... that post? It still remains unedited, as I typed it that night. :huh:

Edited by LisaLisaMoMeesa

heck the term Pizza Orgasmica might make some parent think DCA is nothing but an orgy. :huh:

It ain't :huh: <making note to cancel plane tickets> :huh:

It ain't :huh: <making note to cancel plane tickets> :huh:

:huh:

ssshhhhhh it's not really all about the pizza. but that's all i have to say about that. :sshh:

Personally, I think the best part of all of this is.... my post.... the one that started all of this... the post that might make parents decide to not let their kids join drum corps....the post that might make all of Christendom fall into the sea with its egregious vulgarity....the one that got me suspended for four days.... that post? It still remains unedited, as I typed it that night. :beer:

Yeah! Let that be an example to you! :P

I think you were just the guinea pig for this, LLMM....perhaps we'll see if what spurred this on was something entirely different, or the result of several "somethings".

Although, all we can do now is speculate...and we all know how fun that is. :)