Profanity/Vulgarity/Word Filter/Circumvention Guideline

no, in all honesty I have no idea what you're trying to say. I'm trying.... but I got nothing.

perhaps the difference here is that my avatar is not a violation of the guidelines.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, in all honesty I have no idea what you're trying to say. I'm trying.... but I got nothing.

perhaps the difference here is that my avatar is not a violation of the guidelines.

That may be true. But what does it really mean? Look at my last posts too. The total picture is what is at hand.

I dunno. That dancing banana in your signature looks a little suspect.

Lisa, I have the same arguement with them too.

We just censored Marc Sylvester for saying "f-ed up". Maybe he meant farked up, or fed up or flabarous-flartililious-flooped up. One just doesn't know...since it's open to interpretation at that level, unlike using a specfic four letter word.

That's a bit disingenuous. "F-ed up" is pretty clear. If someone means "fouled up" they will say "fouled up", or any of the other things you said above.

And why should it matter that it was Marc Sylvester? I thought the big underlying complaint was that rules were being applied inconsistently. Carving out an exception for individuals, whether it's Marc, Hoppy, Lee Rudnicki (yeah, like that would happen) or anyone else is counter to the drumbeat for consistency everyone claims to want.

Believe it or not, we really don't like to create extra drama because that makes more work.

It makes sense to post without swearing. We'll work on being consistent with moderating it. People will still complain no matter what. Catch 22.

I WIN. DO YOU MIND !!!! Via Krista

Seriously man, What do you have against everyone? Krista didn't break any of the guidelines with her avatar, you do realize you have the "ignore" option. you could ignore her and not have to look at the avatar, or are you attempting to pick fights? Seriously. What's the matter?