Language use on DCP

JohnD

Perhaps legal adulthood (21) should in fact be a requirement for participating in the OT Forums?

:music:

trying to keep the 18-20 year old volting public from the C.E. forum before next year's Presidential election eh? :drool:

i'm sure your mistake was just an oversite. :)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John.

When we're watching NETWORK television, ya know, ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX...and a curse word is said, it's bleeped out. Children watch those television networks. Babies watch them with their parents. The Bleep has become an acceptable form of censorship that most Americans agree on. If a bleep is used, all is forgiven, and NOBODY is up in arms over the Bleep. I work in the industry. I know the facts.

We're ADULTS here, for the most part. Do we have 6 year olds frequenting DRUM CORPS planet? We're a bunch of crazy people that are weekend warriors, or spend entire summers on the road, hanging out with people from all kinds of backgrounds and cultures, ages and races...we ALL curse and if we don't, we're CERTAINLY exposed to it CONSTANTLY and are USED to living this way. It's a way of expressing ourselves as AMERICANS in public and in private that is just part of our lifestyle as drum corps people.

You wanna censor Marching Band Planet where it's MOSTLY children? Go ahead. You wanna censor Color Guard Planet where there's a lot of kids? Go for it. They don't curse on the Disney Channel. But they sure as hell do on NBC and CBS. Ya know, where EVERYONE watches and is a part of.

Don't take the freedom of our Bleeps away. They help us express our emotions sometimes. They help us bring out our personalities. Some of us are so old, myself included, that it's too late to change that aspect of ourselves. Don't try to change who your members ARE, John. Stop this foolishness.

We've been here for years, and you're driving us away. You will NOT get me to agree with you on this, and I have A TON of supporters behind me.

WE ARE DRUM CORPS PLANET.

:doh::doh::drool::music::music::rock::rock:

the problem in that suggestion is that CGP is now under DCP's main heading. you can't censor one without the other.

Adulthood is 18, drinking age is 21

Never let it be said Dan was anything less than razor sharp on the bullet points of his presentations.........

:drool: on the TBS Funny Scale that would be a 4 Very Funny

Never let it be said Dan was anything less than razor sharp on the bullet points of his presentations.........

Change the statement to 21, forget the "legal adulthood" thing. Does that make the two of you happier?

Perhaps legal adulthood (21) should in fact be a requirement for participating in the OT Forums?

Sure- if you feel like having paid subscriptions for every member.

That would kill this site REAL fast.

Change the statement to 21, forget the "legal adulthood" thing. Does that make the two of you happier?

Only if you keep the legal adulthood part and change the 21 to an 18.

I'm thinking we need to make it so the filter shows a picture of something fluffy like a kitty whenever we say a swear :doh: