surpise corps out of the gate

Troopers will fight for a top 12 spot until the end, then fall just short.

Academy will take their lumps early and come on very strong towards the end.

Blue Knights will continue their surge of excellence that started last year.

Bluecoast will be amazing all season.

Blue Devils will be supercharged all year.

Cavies, Cadets, Phantom and Vanguard will be strong all year.

Blue Stars will hit the sophomore jinx and fall to the bottom of the semi's entrants.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprise corps - stronger/better out of the gate than recent years

1. Glassmen - Robert Smith already solved the problem of the music book not having enough impact, the return of Sal Salas adds the final ingredient they need to return to former glory, dropping the "we're proud of being boring" mantra of the past and putting out more entertaining shows in the past two years have put them on the map as a corps that talented kids once again want to join

2. Crossmen - Less competition for top talent in area (as compared to NY/NJ/PA area and being the only Div I corps in Texas) - enough said

Surprise corps - not as good out of the gate as recent years

1. Bluecoats - I think Crossmen will pull more top talent from Texas than people think (along with other corps doing the Texas talent two-step), expectations are high for this corps and I just don't think they have the creative talent to live up to it

2. The Academy - here again I think the creative design end will be their nemesis - they won Div II last year primarily on talent but couldn't compete (IMHO) with the creativity, complexity and difficulty of the show design of The Spartans and ECJ - this will be more evident against the big boys of DIV I, especially when they are trying to top the likes of Southwind, Colts, Blue Stars, Cascades, Mandarins and Pacific Crest - and that's only their first hurdle

"Surprise corps - not as good out of the gate as recent years

1. Bluecoats - I think Crossmen will pull more top talent from Texas than people think (along with other corps doing the Texas talent two-step), expectations are high for this corps and I just don't think they have the creative talent to live up to it"

Interesting! I think 'Coats will be just fine.

Edited by tpt43

Crossmen

Madison Scouts

Academy

Troopers

I think the idea of Troopers making finals is a dream people are having, but very doubtful.

Madison.... I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop out of the top 12

I'm think Bluecoats will have an amazing show.

Southwind.... one of the most consistant fan favorites over the past few years.... New Drum Staff, New Guard Staff..... good things will come!

I've gotta put my money on an underdog. TROOPERS!!!!! :worthy::worthy::blink:

Would love to see this.......

Just as long as they sound like the "Troopers" we all love........

Triple Forte