Yamaha Closing two US Plants

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true, the quality of Japanese products are much higher than US. I worked for a supplier to Nissan and their fit and finish, as well as styling, was tight. Even if we meet 96% of their standards, they will not say "96% is great". They will ask what will we do about fixing the other 4%.

I blame Bush!

Give me a break! The economy started to go down hill when there was this thing that Ross Perot wanted done called NAFTA. Look it up. Jobs have been leaving this country since Clinton was in office.

Plus, it doesn't help when the greedy, lazy American worker has become so dependent on Unionized ways of labor. Don't get me wrong, Unions have served a purpose at one time and for what they have done labor laws have become better, BUT the rest of the world has a six day work week and we cry if we have to put in over 40 hours.

We are spoiled and selfish when we don't get our way and then we have these things called "strikes" or "protests". What happened to being thankful for just having a job. I guarantee that there are people out there in other countries that are willing to work their tails off for even 1/2 of what an American worker makes.

That's one of the reasons that these companies pull out of here. They can pay the foreign workers less money and get just a good of product as they have over here and they don;t have to worry about upsetting the ACLU or labor law enforcers.

Do the rich keep getting richer? You bet! Do the poor keep getting poorer? Only if they choose.

These are just my personal opinions and rants.

I blame Bush!

Hey, leave the Bushwackers out of this! :P

Or, thank you John Engler for leaving us in a mess too big for Jenny from the Block to clean up by herself.

Okay, I'll agree to that to a point. At least the economy was going well and he wasn't giving money away like she is. We don't have any money in the budget but she's passing out $4000 to high school kids for college. I think she needs that money for more important things. Michigan is losing all it's high tech talent to the surrounding states.

Pressure the corps you support to buy American....like Kanstul...like BUGLES.

Buy American, yes ... No need for drum corps to help expand the trade deficit.

Buy Kanstul, why not (I've got a Kanstul trumpet and love it.)

Bugles ... not so much. Elvis has left the building on that one.