Yamaha Closing two US Plants

Pressure the corps you support to buy American....like Kanstul...like BUGLES.

Where are your tennis shoes made? How 'bout your clothes?

It is a global economy. If they think they can compete better as a result of consolidating mfg operations then more power to 'em. I'll continue to buy products based upon a balance of quality and price, not location.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not many MBA's out there, huh?

OK, for those who have pointed out:

1.) Unions suck;

2.) Politicians in Michigan suck;

3.) NAFTA sucks;

4.) American quality and work ethics have slacked;

Kudos to you.

For the guys who mentioned:

1.) Buy American goods for the sake of buying American goods;

2.) Taxes suck and are bad for business;

3.) Bush sucks;

<**> <**> <**> <**> <**>

Not enough time to discuss for now. Just stay tuned...

1) Unions has their place. Given the current world economy, they are making themselves look bad and greedy (not like the CEO executives are much better).

2) That's a given. Granhold is giving money away ($4000 per student for higher education) then whines that she can't balance a $1.2 billion deficit. She's already talking of raising the sales tax to 8% (from the current 6%) and doesn't want to cut the budget anymore (there is a lot more fat).

3) Between US and Canada it's not a problem since the economies and wages are similar. Even Mexican plants are now being effected by Chinese plants.

4) This stems from the union part of "problem". My ex-father-in-law has told me stories about the UAW that would made my jaw drop. For the most part, American's are hard working and will get their fingers dirty, but that is changing now. The influeance of Europe is creeping in (France having a riot when full time was restated to be 36 hours instead of 32 hours).

NAFTA is a big part of american jobs going over seas.

Bush and his admin are the cause of many things that are wrong in America.

The war

12 billion of our tax dollars stolen in Iraq

New Orleans still not receiving recovery funds

The hole not filled at ground zero

Lies about everything!

I could go on and on.

Don't blame Yamaha on BUSH! :P

Don't turn DCP into fourmville!!!

Sorry, but have to agree Yamaha's marching percussion is better. The extra snare on the (snare) drum really makes a huge difference.

In my ears, it's that extra volume of the resonating chamber in Pearl tenors that makes a huge difference. Imagine... tenors that you can actually hear! With tone, too! :P

Bush and his admin are the cause of many things that are wrong in America.

The war

The war isn't in America, bud. However difficult the task is and how imperfect the strategy, at least be glad someone's doing something to try to keep it from being here.

12 billion of our tax dollars stolen in Iraq

This happened under the auspices of military supervision, not the administration.

New Orleans still not receiving recovery funds

Yes, with so many honest Americans claiming hundreds of millions in 'recovery funds' that they aren't entitled to. The criminal element down there I'm sure exists only because of the Bush administration.

The hole not filled at ground zero

Since when was that a government funded mandate?

Lies about everything!

Ever hear of "Slick Willie"?

I could go on and on.

I'm sure you could.

OT, I know. I'm done. Knock yourself out.

The war isn't in America, bud. However difficult the task is and how imperfect the strategy, at least be glad someone's doing something to try to keep it from being here.

This happened under the auspices of military supervision, not the administration.

Yes, with so many honest Americans claiming hundreds of millions in 'recovery funds' that they aren't entitled to. The criminal element down there I'm sure exists only because of the Bush administration.

Since when was that a government funded mandate?

Ever hear of "Slick Willie"?

I'm sure you could.

OT, I know. I'm done. Knock yourself out.

you need to get your head out of your Fox News Hole and read a book or a real news paper. It's OK to be repubican. Just don't make excusses for a lier and a crook.

Back to drum corps talk.

you need to get your head out of your Fox News Hole and read a book or a real news paper. It's OK to be repubican. Just don't make excusses for a lier and a crook.

Back to drum corps talk.

That's wierd, the Democrats do it all the time. Guess they are just better at it then the Republicans. :drool:

Edited by sburstall

I read papers all the time. I listen to both mainstream and alternative media. I just choose to form my own opinions instead of having them handed to me.

Why assume I'm a Republican?

As for the "excusses" for "liers", well, I think Steve addressed that quite well.

Cheers!