Spirit, 2007.

Second paragraph is way, waaaay too over the top. For a concept called "Genesis", the references are so scattershot there that it borders on (hey, this is important: look, we mentioned 9/11 and global warming!) lordliness.

Other than that, nice to see Gillingham on the field again.

I will say Nothing. But the best to Spirit. They have the best team and great young people involved this year too. Lets put it on the field. :)

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Global warming is an accepted (and as yet unchallenged) reality

Step out of the Starbucks and try watching something other than reality shows. Next year, just announce the music and spare us the pretentious psycho-babble.

Step out of the Starbucks and try watching something other than reality shows. Next year, just announce the music and spare us the pretentious psycho-babble.

I pretty much have to agree with this. I am highly skeptical that anyone in their right mind would get any of that fluff (er, crap) out of watching a drum and bugle corps show.

Err...they stated a scientific fact. What does this have to do with Starbucks?

..And yet we complain when corps don't announce their shows in a "timely manner" :ph34r:

I guess there is no pleasing some people.. :sshh:

I saw that and immediately thought of the band, Genesis.

"No reply at all", popped in my mind...:)

Err...they stated a scientific fact. What does this have to do with Starbucks?

There's two sides to every issue...what's stated is a scientific opinion. Look over in the "Current Events" forum here to see just a bit of the arguments for both sides. Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth" presents one side of the argument in an easy to digest movie format, while you can find plenty of dissenting opinion all across the internet and elsewhere.

The "Starbucks" reference is probably just a generalization by the poster that this was written in a politically "liberal" tone.

Long story short, most drum corps show announcements aren't politically charged...but, boy, this one sure is. :ph34r:

Edited by bawker