Spirit, 2007.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh...here we go. :P

Nope, Not going there. But others will I am sure. :P

Sheesh. Whatever happened to that nice corps from the south who used to play straight-ahead jazz/pop? No offense, Spirit folks, but no one is really asking you to help them understand the world's turmoil - the art form doesn't allow for it.

If someone really wanted to deal with Katrina, they'd simply do a New Orleans themed show. Choosing to reflect the music of that town in and of itself would call attention to what happened and the ramifications of what's been lost.

This sounds unqualifiably and dreadfully pretentious.

Edited by mobrien

David Gillingham's "New Century Dawn."

Now we're talking

I love how people hate this show and the corps has yet to perform a lick or a drill set... :ph34r:

Stay classy DCP…

I love how people hate this show and the corps has yet to perform a lick or a drill set... :ph34r:

Stay classy DCP…

Honestly, what do you expect people to do?

Show annoucements are to tell people about the show. People don't like the "concept" so they say they don't like it.

Haven't seen anyone bash spirit as far as I can tell, its just the off-season and people are bored. Kinda judgmental to go after people for expressing opinnions about an official press release. We aren't the ones that told Spirit to throw the kitchen sink in there. I'd be happy if they just played a drum corps show, personally I don't care about all this other crap.

Spirit from JSU will present its 2007 program entitled "GENESIS" the song selections will be Jun Nagao's "Fluttering Maple Leaves", Imogen Heap's “Hide and Seek", "Turning" written by John Mackey and "Blue Motion" by Whibley, and closing the show with David Gillingham's "New Century Dawn." Is that better for everyone who dislikes the elaborate "pretentious", as some say, explanation of the show? Spirit is still that friendly southern corps and hope that all you will enjoy their show this summer!!!!!! :P Be a fan of the baby blue =)

~bradley