Do you feel that shows are over GE'd?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing shows were designed to be seen and heard at the same time. There is absolutely no substitute for experiencing a show LIVE...sight and sound.

i disagree... i think the visuals should stand on their own and so should the music. they shouldnt have to rely on each other to be effective. should they be effective together? yes. but they should also be effective separately as well

I'm aware of that. I like being blown away by a completely in-your-face balls-out show, both visually AND musically. I think corps are focusing TOO much on visual GE and forgetting about musical badassness, but so are the judges, so yeah..

ok, so i have a hypothesis that once in a while, we will see something new happen from a corp that can/will change the activity, and all of the other corps will play catch-up bc it's a winning model. (EX: Cadets 82/83-85) Do you feel that bc Cavaliers total GE concept shows have been a winning formula for them, that it is causing overprogramming just for other corps to catch up to what they (Cavies) can do in terms of the GE caption? I just feel that in shows today there is too much going on all at once. Instead of having wow moments every now and then, it seems like the show runs on an above normal amount of wowness yet still belowe a full throttle wow moment.

thoughts?

Read the old Drum Corps News articles NanciD has on her great site...they said the sme thing in 1964.

Sometimes I think there is too much going on as far as the fluff factor is concerned, but for the most part, no.

They do what they do the best out of anyone, but who is to say it's better than the type of drill other corps are doing?

The visual effect judge, in the repertoire category . . . that could actually be part of his job description.

Edited by jake_the_hydra

well unless the sheets changed last summer ( my one year out of corps since 1993) then since this is a Competition and the sheets put ge where it is points wise, no.....