Drum Corps Survivor - 2006

siLk

Drum Corps Survivor - Round 1  

361 members have voted

1. 1. Which corps do you want to vote off the island?

• The Cavaliers
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Blue Devils
    • Bluecoats
    • The Cadets
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Blue Knights
    • Carolina Crown
    • Madison Scouts
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Glassmen
    • Spirit from JSU

OK...WTF happened? And seriously, how couldn't you like Cavies 2006?

It bored me, live and on DVD.

That said, I didn't vote for it this round, and probably won't for at least 3 or 4 more rounds.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet man, you just made it all clear. No one realized we were supposed to rank them according to finals order. Thanks for clearing that up. No need to vote. Just rank everyone how they finished at finals. Awesome.

Not what I said. But first place, voted off first?

Seems pretty ridiculous.

I said the same thing last year when it was The Cadets, and I'm not exactly a Cadets fan.

Edited by jake_the_hydra

Not what I said. But first place, voted off first?

Seems pretty ridiculous.

I said the same thing last year when it was The Cadets, and I'm not exactly a Cadets fan.

Might not of been my choice to vote them off first, but come on... it's a popularity contest, which could easily be rigged by someone setting up a bunch of accounts and ballot stuffing (as might've happened here with the late surge). To actually bring competitive results in at all is silly. It has nothing to do with what the judges thought; it's just some silly contest based on people's opinions. Trying to relate what the judges said to the results seems more ridiculous than the fact that the winning corps was gone first.

Might not of been my choice to vote them off first, but come on... it's a popularity contest, which could easily be rigged by someone setting up a bunch of accounts and ballot stuffing (as might've happened here with the late surge). To actually bring competitive results in at all is silly. It has nothing to do with what the judges thought; it's just some silly contest based on people's opinions. Trying to relate what the judges said to the results seems more ridiculous than the fact that the winning corps was gone first.

I would venture to say it's not just opinions. I think it goes unsaid that many liked The Cavaliers show this summer. Being in first puts them in the center of the target for people to aim for. I don't think they got voted off for a lack of popularity.

I would venture to say it's not just opinions. I think it goes unsaid that many liked The Cavaliers show this summer. Being in first puts them in the center of the target for people to aim for. I don't think they got voted off for a lack of popularity.

The "popularity" that matters most in a contest where people are voted against, rather than voted for, is how many people dislike you, not how many people like you. This is the same reason I predicted in the other thread that Regiment, despite being the fan favorite corps from this past summer, won't win this year. A lot of Cavaliers fans will probably backlash from this and vote against the corps they seem to think is the antithesis of their favorite.

Either way, bringing judge scores into it is just plain silly.

I'm guessing its a group of Cadets fans who didn't want to see the Cadets voted off first....again.

:P

Well, there's always round 2!

I voted Boston, that show is boring as all hell.

Finally!! :laugh:

A lot of Cavaliers fans will probably backlash from this and vote against the corps they seem to think is the antithesis of their favorite.

Or maybe, they'll just start at the top and vote out the shows they liked least?

I'm an admitted Cavalier fan.. and despite my boyfriend's chiding (because he's a FMM and they do that -- it's something I like to call "healthy rivalry").. I have really liked the last few years of Regiment shows -- and have even (uncharacteristically) enjoyed controversial shows like 06 Cadets and 05 Blue Devils.

I don't think there's any hard and fast rules when it comes to being a Cavalier fan.

Stef