What people think of you

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we should make a rule that bans ANY discussion of amplification on here for like a week. Unity week... We can all listen to Bob Marley and talk about love. It'll be great.

As annoying as the conversation gets - I am opossed to banning any topic from discussion. It's a tirred subject that most of us could do without talking about, but it is the off-season and it is the current hot-button issue.

Not really trying to jump into the fray, but I think (at least from my POV) what the original poster is missing is that the conversation had on here has to be taken for what it is - open discourse. Very little of what is said on here is really material, this community is a diversion for drum corps fanatics, not the end all be all that the OP makes it out to be.

When it comes down to it we all post on here because we love drum corps of some fashion or another. Some people get a rise out of flame-baiting, or attacking what they know others cherish, others simply don't want things to change. The beuty of an open community such as ours is that all are welcome and heard. The problems ensue when people are unwilling to recognize (not accept) the values of those with opossing views.

I don't know the original poster, their background, life experience, etc., but I do know that there are many people on here far more experienced than myself - and that their views are at least equally valid. My only question is who the bigger geek is: the one that sacrificed their blood, sweat, and tears to perform the show...or the armchair quarterbacks who watch the shows and criticize former (and current) marching members for not sharing their outlook on what the activity should be.

Did someone pee in your cheerios DCPguy1111? Seriously. Get a life.

I'll second that! What, is he like 12?

That is why it's funny, that's why it's so revealing! The fact that a layman said the exact same thing to me that so many kids and staff members in corps now think just made me laugh. You can't use the argument that a random person you don't know has an opinion about this, because people completely relevant to what we're talking about think the same thing.

Just a wild guess here - but I'm thinking you marched either Cadets or Boston...am I close?

And what point is that exactly? That there are people out there who like or at the very least "don't mind" amplification and singing/narration in todays DCI? Ok, I get it , but why does that crowd find it necessary to point out that those who don't like or agree with the recent changes in DCI are in some way "nerdy" or "have no life"? If you're a fan of what DCI is currently doing great, more power to you and you should be happy, but is it SO hard to understand that for alot of folks who have been following this activity for some time there is a feeling that alot of the things that made us Drum Corps fans (as opposed to marching bands) in the first place are going by the wayside in the present world of DCI? You want to be the worlds best summer marching bands? Go for it, just be careful what you wish for, you're actually getting it sooner than you may think.

Just read the whole thread. The Above is still the best replyto OP.

If you call being plain and honest with people on this board, then sure. I'm really tired of the crap constantly being slung on this board. You have no idea what a joke people in the drum corps community truly think people on this board are. You don't see it because they aren't posting on here, but haha, they're definitely reading! And trust me, they're laughing.

This is true.

Off-topic clutter removed. Please stay on topic.

This is true.

For the most part, yes.

You'll understand when you're older. Your post is pretty much negated anyway since I know how many people agree with me.

Hmm... the same might also be said of you. Many of us "nerds" who post on this board have been involved in the activity since before you were born. That gives us a perspective that you presently lack. Perhaps, one day in the future, when drum corps (or whatever it's called then) undergoes yet another drastic change -- one you cannot tolerate or feel fundamentally alters the state of the activity -- you will understand why we nerdy fossils of the monolitih past feel the way we do about current developments.

And I'm curious...since I also know many people that agree with me and my opinion, does that mean your post is "pretty much negated"?

Edited by ChicagoFan