Your most emotional reaction

I remember in 2004 we had a show in Arizona where we were about to get rained out and we were all bummed because that meant one less show after all of our hard work during the day(we were sitting in the busses for 30 minutes after our performance time). But then for some reason, the rain ceased a bit and the corps director said, "Alright, suit up with no aussies and head to the parking lot for a quick warm up". So we all scrambled out, played some notes for five minutes and headed to the field to do our most emotionally driven and energetically charged show. We were so pumped. It felt like we were all on the same wavelength and just clicked. It was awesome. Then the rain began to start up again during the near-ending of our show. So needless to say after we finished our preformance we skedadeled ASAP to the busses, lol. We were the last corps to play that night due to the rain but we were so grateful because we thought the show woud be taken away from us. But it wasn't. *sigh* Good times...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is Danny Boy... :worthy:

It is, it is...

Great tune. Great story. The UTA wind ensemble played Irish Tune for our last concert. The tale behind the music is heart breaking in itself.

You might get the 1980 27th lancers show if you search "27th Lancers" on youtube. maybe.

Thanks--that show brings back a lot of memories. I had forgotten how utterly kick*** the Lancers guard was.

Cadets 02 @ Murfreesboro. I had seen the show before but was prior to major changes in the ballad. The small GE things like the newspapers and draft cards and then the "Pledge of Allegiance" was very emotional. Amazing show. BRAVO! :worthy:

Cheers, :blink:

Sean

w/Stp:

1982 Montreal, Olympic stadium

playing the final chords of Gershwins Piano Concerto in F. (With The Garfield Cadets)

Tears just started streaming down my face.

I was overcome by the sound of the drums and bugles, the site of the crowd standing and cheering, the hair standing on the back of my neck, the goose bumps.

I could feel my heart beating through my uniform jacket.

I was overcome with emotion.

As we marched off the field the EMT people ran over to me to see if I was OK.

Edited by boxingfred

2005, Indy show

After Liquid was done and we were moving into the first set of Dancer I was over come with emotion. They staff told us that we'd know when we clicked. I knew, and i sure as hell felt it. Never forget that.....

I remember back last summer when i went to the Georgia Dome and saw Carolina Crown for the first time that season! I was turned around talking to my friend and when they played the fit hit i turned around and my jaw touched the floor!

My last contest in drum corps at the 1978 Canadian Nationals !!!

After 10 years and thousands of miles with my drum corps family IT was all over !!

I stood around the equipment until they were ready to close it, I put my horn on the truck and got on the bus for my last ride home on a drum corps bus.

No regrets and a ton of memories.

Thank God for drum corps and my drum corps family.

Edited by ODBC