Your most emotional reaction

Salem,Virginia-2005-Carolina Crown.This was the first year I had actually paid attention to the shows instead of goofing off with the rest of the band people.Seeing as how this was not a big show,their were only 8 corps there,but when Crown came on,they just totally blew me away.When they did that last company front for that last insanely loud note,it just left me overwhelmed.That show is what made me wanna be in drum corps.

Edited by Pheud

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure some of you have heard this story before...

Summer of 2004... I was attending George Parks' Drum Major Academy in West Chester, PA, where the Cadets were supposed to give us kids an outdoor performance one night. The weather was looking pretty iffy for the evening, with showers and tstorms in the area, so the performance was moved inside. I was a little bummed, but still being pretty new to the activity, I wasn't going to complain about seeing a top corps.

As soon as the corps started playing... just WARMUPS, mind you... the place went nuts. There was so much energy going in there, and it only escalated as the show continued. Members of the horn line came out into the audience, stood on seats, played around with us... it was amazing. Hopkins was moved to tears, and if I remember correctly, I was too, especially after being blasted with Cadillac of the Skies in a small auditorium with Bocook conducting. I had joined up with another kid there who was a drum corps fan so we were sitting together, and even with his Cavies jacket on, he admitted that the performance was absolutely incredible.

Needless to say, the performance being moved inside was probably one of the best decisions ever, and my heart will always be with the Cadets, if only for that one concert.

okay 2004 Carolina crown,First brass line at about 1:30 i think

That One part was so powerful that it made the hairs on the back of my neck stick up and from then on Everytime i here Carolina crownI have the same reaction

December a few years ago, when I got back the sheet that said "Member" on Sunday morning.

It'd been a long ride to that point, and I was finally going to live the dream. I definitely teared up quite a bit.

Also, singing the Corps song for the first time in Toledo.

Edited by jake_the_hydra

phantom 2003 - reprise to the end...saw it live at the west chester show and the entire crowd went absolutely NUTS!

cadets 2005 - end of "dancer" hit...i think anyone who saw this live (esp. the encore at finals) would agree with me here

Hands down, Finals 1980 in Birmingham, Al. "The Spirit of Atlanta". The whole show touched me and most everyone there deeply. I was cryin' like a baby !

Second was last year. I was very moved just watching the "Magic" drum line's marching. The last half of the show was unreal !!!! How they marched and played at the same time is still amazing to me.

Hands down, Finals 1980 in Birmingham, Al. "The Spirit of Atlanta". The whole show touched me and most everyone there deeply. I was cryin' like a baby !

I must admit that the Bham finals with SOA was special. The roar from the crowd during the drum roll before the final chords in Let It Be Me was unlike anything I have ever heard before, or since.

Some people from my hometown were with me in the stands...they sensed something different had just occured. One asked me "What was THAT all about?"

I pointed to the back stands under the press box and said "See that name?"

It soon became clear.

Edited by prodigal bari

For me, it was easily 99 SCV in the theaters for Classic Countdown. I had never seen the show before, and seeing it blasted to me on the big screen... I was literally shaking at the end of it. That and San Diego when SCV warmed up in our dinner area are the reasons why I auditioned for Vanguard this year, a year earlier then I intended to go out for Div 1.