Drum corps tornado relief...

Hey there...

I just saw this article on-line at the Capital Times website. Thumbs up to Cap Sound for getting involved - and, from what I can see from the story on DCP, looks like Scouts and Blue Stars are joining the effort...

Nice to see our community stepping up to the plate!!!

btw - the Capital Times article: "Drum corps to the rescue."

Makes me Proud to be a cheese head!

Kudos to Cap Sound, Blue Stars, and the Scouts. ^OO^

"The message said although the band teacher survived, several of his students were killed, and the band program, as well as much of the high school and a portion of the community was devastated."

:(

One band student was killed, 3 choral students, and 4 other students. It has been horrible down there. I am 2 hours away and we feel for them. Several of our townspeople are there helping. Our students collected over 1,000.00 in one period on Friday to donate to the high school. My husband is a band director and he is checking to find out what they need.

I have two words for you.

Marc.

Gofstein.

'Nuff said. The guy is a freakin' genius AND a saint. Good job--and this is the BEST kind of news--the DRUM CORPS COMMUNITY helping out.

Times like these make me sooooooooooo unbelievably proud to be a brother in this activity.

The Teal Sound has also started a relief program.

"I have been in touch with Charley Ford, band director, and have extended our condolences and offered our support as well. We made so many new friends after the corps stayed with them for 2 days this past year and want to do anything we can to assist and help them out in their time of need." A recent graduate and former band member, Melissa Hyde, is marching her first year in Teal this year. Charley stated that at this time they are not 100% sure of what is needed but just knowing that help and outpour of support from the drum corps community have been very uplifting.

Donations to the relief can be sent to:

Enterprise HS Relief Fund

c/o Teal Sound Drum & Bugle Corps

401 Habersham Rd.

Thomasville, GA 31792

Attn.: Randy W Blackburn, Director

I have two words for you.

Marc.

Gofstein.

'Nuff said. The guy is a freakin' genius AND a saint. Good job--and this is the BEST kind of news--the DRUM CORPS COMMUNITY helping out.

Times like these make me sooooooooooo unbelievably proud to be a brother in this activity.

c/o

oh goodness... what a precious thing to do, and they probably don't even know...

Luke Willingham, a member of Spirit's snare line, is a senior at Enterprise High School and was in the middle of that nightmare. He wasn't injured but some of the members were all over AIM and their cellphones Thursday afternoon trying to find out if he was alright. Terrible, unthinkable trauma for those kids and the town.

There always seemed to be a bunch of Madison guys in the Jacksonville State Marching Southerners back in the 70s and 80, gracious! I remember being amazed by all the green jackets as a freshman back in '78. Scott Chandler (BD) was one of them, and a lot of Spirit of Atlanta's mid-80's high guard caption winners came from State Street Review. Anyway, in the same way that there was always a Jax State/Spirit of Atlanta connection, I think a lot of people would say there was a tie to Madison in a way, as well.

:worthy: big hugs to Madison & Cap Sound, direct from our March camp right here in "the 'ville" :rock:

Edited by GeorgiaGirl