Scouts' Uni's in '07

Any pictures or drawings of the new uni??

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe I seem to be in a minority when I say that I really liked the Scouts uniforms in 2006...

I thought they looked classy and cool.

I loved them.

I don't really think that it's financially practical for them to go ahead and make another uniform change. They've had the new uniforms for a year, and they already want to switch? It seems kind of stupid to me.

~>conner

I really did like the uniforms from 06. Very bright, a lot of contrast against the field, so it does require a lot more attention to what you're doing visually.

I am not sure exactly why the uniforms from mid-80's to early 00's were not continued.

I thought they were still good. More classic than others, but good.

Really, I have no problem with any uniform if it reflects older versions. I think the newer versions lost the Scout's visual identity. Even the Alumni uniform was cool. It looked great to me. It should be something that does not cost a lot of money to construct or maintain. AND we do not need to pay someone a ridiculous amount of money to make us look similar to other corps.

I think having that classic look again would set us apart.

I liked the 05 version myself, although I also like the older classic look too. . BTW, Who was paid a ridiculous amount of money to make the corps look similar to other corps? You may want to get your facts straight before making such statements.

Edited by oldtimedrummer

This thread struck my interest. In regards to uniform "change," I think it's those that had minor, moderate, or little tinkering/alterations here and there were and are far more respectable than those with radical, space age, and those that claim to be for "arts" sake (do me a f***ing favor).

Those that have done quite well with their slight changes have been SCV, Spirit (minus the '88 and '89 years), Boston Crusaders, Garfied (CofBC, Cadets, or whatever the bloody hell else you want to call them), and the list goes on.

Some corps that "think" they are on the right path with radical change not only chase away alumni; but they do little in the way of member retention and possible recruiting. The only two corps that I have seen do well with radical uniform changes were the Velvet Knights and Star of Indiana; however, they were also theme corps, so there is the answer.

I assume that new uni's in 2007 is just a rumor as this is the only place I've heard it..

That being said, I'll agree with Geno - I loved the 2006 uniforms.

IMO forest green (not white) = Madison Scouts.

Color me disappointed... maybe. I LOVED the 2006 uniforms, but if they go back to something like 88-02, then I certainly won't mind that. Maybe they'll just use the MSARP uniforms? (If they fit... they may be too big around the waist :P )

I wasn't a fan of 03-05, but I thought 06 was a huge step in the right direction. I'm intrigued as to what they do now.

Color me disappointed... maybe. I LOVED the 2006 uniforms, but if they go back to something like 88-02, then I certainly won't mind that. Maybe they'll just use the MSARP uniforms? (If they fit... they may be too big around the waist :P )

OR...take the '05 top and add the shiny baldric from the Superman suit.. :worthy:

Edited by prodigal bari

This thread struck my interest. In regards to uniform "change," I think it's those that had minor, moderate, or little tinkering/alterations here and there were and are far more respectable than those with radical, space age, and those that claim to be for "arts" sake (do me a f***ing favor).

Those that have done quite well with their slight changes have been SCV, Spirit (minus the '88 and '89 years), Boston Crusaders, Garfied (CofBC, Cadets, or whatever the bloody hell else you want to call them), and the list goes on.

Some corps that "think" they are on the right path with radical change not only chase away alumni; but they do little in the way of member retention and possible recruiting. The only two corps that I have seen do well with radical uniform changes were the Velvet Knights and Star of Indiana; however, they were also theme corps, so there is the answer.

Two words...Phantom Regiment. The White to Black to Tan to White again all within a decade probably represents the most radical in change of all the top 12. And I never saw the change in uniform diminish the final production or score.