Southwind 07

Anyone know how they're doing this winter season... Just curious.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I will use this topic to mention how awesome their 1992 show is.

:worthy:

From someone who won Div2 Prelims in 1992 and then came in second in finals......

.......... I agree. That was a sweet show.

Happy (early) 15th Anniversary Southwind!

Edited by Fievel

Personally, I've eagerly looked forward to every SW show since 2000. Imho, they are one of the most entertaining corps in dci, but that's just me. I eassily rate them above many of the perinial finalists, and hope that their day will come much sooner than later, so that even more people will have a chance to see what this great corps is doing.

Is it true they are going back to yellow for 2007? If so, that's awesome, because that really set them apart from the rest of the field.

I loved the Robin Hood show as well. The first time I ever saw Southwind was in Camp Randall stadium the morning after their title. (Something like every half hour a new corps came into the stadium to practice on Wednesday that year.) Anyway they were tired from the night before and just there for quick run through and they blew me away. That is still one of my all time favorites.

I'm excited for sdub this year, what really hurt them last year was the percussion arrangements, battery in particular and how it just didn't go well with the music, but this year they have a promising percussion staff and I can't wait to see what's in store for the entire corps having Eric Willie and Shane Gwaltney join in on arranging and design.

From someone who won Div2 Prelims in 1992 and then came in second in finals......

I agree. That was a sweet show.

Jamie, you're killing me!

Okay, fine, it was a really good show.

Jamie, you're killing me!

Okay, fine, it was a really good show.

Hahaha sorry Randy!

About a year later I got a copy of their show, and there was no way I could deny them the crown.

I would love to see Carolina Crown's show from that year as well. That was a great 3-way fight in the end.