Southwind 07

Ok. BOA has their own forum. Take it there.

No. Darrin Davis is no longer writing the drill.

Thank God.

A question was posed about Southwind's uniforms and personnel involved within the organization. I gave an answer to the best of my knowledge, and tied the information to another corps.

Get over yourself. Nobody's intentions were to make this "BOA Chat time."

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron Guidry creates the music for the Crossmen, and Andy Yovziak arranges it for the brass. It is Guidrys creation though.

Guidry also wrote BA 2005, BA 2006, RR 2002-2006, and tons of other band shows.

And to stay on topic.....

I love S-dub. Their shows are very hip.

gudiry also wrote BA 2004 show pure imagination

So anyways, Southwind so far has pretty much been one of the most awesomr , not ot mention painful. experiences of my life!

We're so hip I can't even see over my pelvis! :P

Boo! Go back to the Bored Forum!

:D Love ya Zach!

Oh, and Southwind has had some great shows, 2000 and 2006 come to my mind when I think of them!

My son fell in love with Southwind a few years back, and is now learning horn, so that in a few years he can come down and audition. I have watched their shows for the past 4 years and have to say that they are always entertaining. I never feel as though I need a college music and dance...remember when it was guard... education to understand their shows and I don't care where they place. Only one corps wins the final show and 11 lose, so I don't quite get the finals hype. Go Southwind and know that me and my son will be catching up with you this summer with a bunch of tour goodies and maybe help fullfill some needs at the same time. I can't wait to see my kid at his first Southwind show this year . Members come say hi to him, you will recognize him as the only 10 year old in the crowd wearing a yellow Southwind tour jacket.

Thanks Jared!

...I think....

84skyrydr, every time I hear you talk about your son, it reminds me why I love this activity and my corps so much. Thank you for your kind words. Every time we go out there, it's for folks like you. We are out there to give you an experience you will always remember. Never for the judges; always for the fans.

I feel like adding my .02....i do like southwind shows, i think they are designed very entertaining and with much creativity. one of the few 7-24 corps that have more thought in their shows than just march around and play with a "theme". and this is coming from someone who used to be in direct competition with them. at the time i wasnt for them for natural biased reasons. but after watching their shows dating back to 2000, im becoming a fan and hope they punch into the top 12 soon.

Southwind is indeed extremely entertaining, always enjoying the unique, clever, and just downright kick### shows

Southwind 2006 was one of the first DCI shows I had ever seen live, and I thought it was pretty awesome. From their show, it only kept getting better. The Atlanta Regional was quite the wonderful experience last year. Can't wait to go back this season ^OO^