Drum corps shows that have made you cry

Santa Clara's Adagio for Strings ...

Watching DCI DVD'S and seeing close ups of members after they finish the show and they are crying ... gives me goose bumps ...

Listening to my own corps on the stereo in my car really loud ... and crying after we finish and the croud is going insane.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I can't believe I forgot this one. I can't look at this without getting completely choked up:

The staff going ape**** on the front sideline during the climactic end of any show.

I've never cried with another corps, just mind, I have been given goose bumps from some performances though

- SCV 2000: Adagio for Strings

- Cadets 2000: The push close to the end of the show

- Phantom 1996: The entire Show

- Phantom 2006: Their ballad

1992 Phantom Regiment often makes me cry, its almost inconceivable that this show placed as low as it did. I heard all the arguemnts, the reasons, the ideas, the thoughts, the critique, etc, etc....but when all i ssaid and done, this, to me, is a top four show and every time I watch it, at some point I sigh, and cant bleieve it is so underappreciated.

1994 27th Lancers. I cried, like a baby at times, during the entire show, and after the came off the field. I was sitting in the very first rwo with three North Star percussion alumni, we kept bowing our arms shouting "We're not worthy" and gave numerous cat calls to the guard after they came off and they all smiled and waved and winked and thanked us, and we all looked around and everyone was going ballistic and crying, real tears, like babies !! LOL...that was such an unforgettable moment in time.

1994 27th Lancers........sigh.

~G~

Oh, and I kid you not. The final "push" and company front in 2000 Cadets show made me cry because of how awesome a moment was, I remember saying to myself, as I watched it, I held my head up towards the sky and looked down with my eyes so I could see the field at a slant an told myself "This is one of those vintage, rare moments of drum corps at its finest and Im gonna remember this moment just as it is, for the rest of my life" and I cried and it was so unreal, and it was drum corps, and it was awesome !!

~G~

The only time I cried in drum corps was on the bus as we were leaving Arrowhead stadium after the 1988 finals. I had just aged out after 7 years.

I didn't even cry the time another cymbal player whacked me across the jaw with a rifle my rookie season.