Drum corps shows that have made you cry

Not tears - but very choked up watching Mr. Moto go through the cymbal "V" during SCV's exit at quaterfinals 06.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vanguards Adagio in 2000

Fran,

I remember judging the Bushwick Royals in Queens NY in the mid 80s. 14 or so kids who were absolutely clueless, as probably were the people who sent them out there. Oh, I cried over that one!!!

Jim

Hey, wait a minute.... I was their program coordinator, for chrissakes. b**bs

JUST KIDDING, of course!!!!

Good point, Jim...... and I gotta admit... as bad as my junior corps was my last two seasons there, there were a couple of corps we would routinely beat by 20 or more points, every show. 20 freakin' points!

I mean, we were terrible... but they were off-the-charts clueless. Kinda in the category of, "Why are we bothering with this? Let's save the money and start a chess club instead." LOL

Fran

Good morning:

I'm a sap. A baby. Teary-eyed for lots of shows. But hey - I'm a mom. I seem to weep mostly for sentimental reasons. Or watching the age-outs play that last note - seeing the raw emotion. Or the staff in the stands going nuts, tears streaming down their face. Or...

1980 & 2001 Spirit - the memory of their losses

1994 27th - pure nostalgia

1995 Bluecoats - the year of the home front show, when the guard member got the folded flag

1999 SCV - what those performers went through

1997-2003 SCV - when my daughter aged out after 8 years, agreed that Adagio was a killer in 2000

But there has been only one time when I swear I didn't know I was crying until they finished: hearing 2003 Madison play "Ice Castles" for the first time LIVE in the Rose Bowl for the Tour of Champions.

Just call me...

MAV The Weepy

Edited by MAV

27th's Danny Boy brings me to tears every time. Reminds me of my youth.

Phantom 95, Madison 95 years I had students age out of those corps and seeing their last performance.

And the thought of Drum and Bugle Corps changing to a bando routine makes me tear up.

Madison singing You'll Never Walk Alone in the parking lot after finals.

Cadets when they sing Holy Name (will that change too George?)

Boston's tribute to post 9/11

I guess I am a cry baby or maybe just old age and old drum corps.

Love to hear the Yankee Rebels do Johnny gives me chills.

Not too long ago I got mp3's of my years marching in VK (71-73). I had never heard a good recording of those years until then. I only remember hearing them from the field, and that was pretty heavy on tenors!

Others include SCV anytime they play Clowns; Regiment playing Elsa's gets my wife everytime, then I have sympathetic tears with her; Regiment playing "The Lord's Prayer" in 2003 because it was VK's color-pre my rookie year. There's also a lot of goosebump moments that are too numerous to list here!

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor