Discovering Past Shows

Star of Indiana 1991- I don't know why, but this show didn't really do much for me. I loved the visual program though. They definitely move a lot. And the cross to cross set is awesome.

-Star of Indiana 1993- Same as 1991. Didn't really do anything for me. Like '91, it was performed well. I'll have to sit down and watch these two shows a couple more times.

that's about right, that's kind how they went over at the time.

People look back at them like the dead rock stars, ascribe way too much importance and credit

– what they did that was unique was usually very subtle otherwise it was mostly pandering and re-hashes of other corps shows. 1993, their angry year, was about the only time they had their own identity and were themselves. And it was a well preformed show that was original in its approach and design but it was never fan friendly -

So I’d say skip Star for now, go back to them later, after you’ve seen more stuff and have a context maybe you’ll want to try them again – my fav from them was their Summer Time show (which gets no love here) – they did perform well and had their moments, just like many corps – but not a place to start, more of a foot note

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's about right, that's kind how they went over at the time.

People look back at them like the dead rock stars, ascribe way too much importance and credit

– what they did that was unique was usually very subtle otherwise it was mostly pandering and re-hashes of other corps shows. 1993, their angry year, was about the only time they had their own identity and were themselves. And it was a well preformed show that was original in its approach and design but it was never fan friendly -

So I’d say skip Star for now, go back to them later, after you’ve seen more stuff and have a context maybe you’ll want to try them again – my fav from them was their Summer Time show (which gets no love here) – they did perform well and had their moments, just like many corps – but not a place to start, more of a foot note

Excellent advice