Madison Camp 3/25 - DRUMS & HORNS

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What he said.

I'm pretty sure the ring on my shelf says "World Champions" on it.

FWIW, I'm really looking forward to Madison's show this year. Practicing until 2 am at a March camp is just a bit peculiar to me. Work smarter, not necessarily harder.

Edited by TSRTS13

Overall it sounds like a great combination of music! I can't wait to see them this year! Too bad I have to wait until San Antonio to see it.

Sounds great.

I'd love to know which movement form which requiem is being played. So many great things from so many requiems.

Sounds great.

I'd love to know which movement form which requiem is being played. So many great things from so many requiems.

I recognized melodies, dare I say a corps using melodies, I'm sorry, but anyway, it is movement IV and V. Possibly other parts, but those are the predominant sources if not the complete.

Wonder how early they woke up Sunday morning. Rehearsing until 2 at a winter camp is dumb, IMHO.

Why not? It's fun and you can get more done. Those winter weekends were great, I wanted to do as much as I could. You only get to do this for so long, I'd pack as much in as I could. I'd give my left _______ to play with Regiments hornline until 2AM again.

Victory is not free.

Yeah, but there is a difference between "paying your price for success" and just being stupid. There is is this nifty little concept called "working smart". Beating yourselves up to the point of not getting the proper amount of sleep so that a kid (which is what drum corps consist of) can't function properly does more harm than good. What drives me crazy is that for the most part, the top 3 or 4 corps in the country have figured this idea of "working smart" out. Corps like Cavies, BD and Phantom pace their kids properly and take care of their well being FIRST. Unfortunately, the lower placing corps think they have to BEAT success out of their kids....and then they wonder why they are a "lower placing corps". As far as I'm concerned, reading that they "rehearsed until 2AM and then began at 8AM the next morning" is all I need to know to still have a negative prediction on how this corps will succeed this year. If this is any indication of how they will treat their kids this summer, I predict between 15th and 17th place!

Edited by passionatedc