Rubber Bands in Hair vs. Bobbie Pins

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was amused... when I clicked into this topic, the ad at the bottom of the page was for longhairgirl.com, the one stop shop for hair clips.

Edited by sdstar

i use the push clips (the kind that pop open and you slide them in your hair and push them down) to catch the whispies after using roller pins to pin my hair on the sides of my head. i dont do product . i am not a fan. i pin all my hair down using so many clips and pins that it doesnt go anywhere. i have short hair now, but i did the same (with less clips, actually) when i had really long hair. it works for any length.

Kassi Gulliford

Spirit Baritone '01

Spirit Euphonium '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07

2007 Age-out

Nice--seven years in one corps!

i think you should just go to a corps that deostn march shakos (or care about making women try to look like a man)and just let that stuff flow. i mean ive seen plenty of dudes in vanguard do it over the years, and they always look stylin. speaking of whitch what is the hair situation there? theres got to be atleast a couple of corps where long hair is cool right?

You know when it's been done right when you can't close your mouth or your eyes and your nostrals are completely flaired. You know you see them all the time just before shows. You've really got it perfect when you can't lower your arms too.

Mom

Edited by Snapettes Mom

gel in wet hair. hair tie up. hairspray and bobby pin the loose whisps. if hair is long, another hair tie to make a bun. more hairspray.

rinse and repeat :P

that's what i've done (w/ a little less hairspray) since 04.

but, i'm not a girl, so maybe that's why....

Rubber bands!

They are much more fun to fling at the judges, just don't get caught! :P b**bs

i think you should just go to a corps that deostn march shakos (or care about making women try to look like a man)and just let that stuff flow. i mean ive seen plenty of dudes in vanguard do it over the years, and they always look stylin. speaking of whitch what is the hair situation there? theres got to be atleast a couple of corps where long hair is cool right?

What I said in my last post was what I did when I marched. Girls should look like the guys, and guys should not have any hair on the collar. Also when I marched facial hair had to be approved.

Problem with shoving ponytail into shako: tends to actually hurt to have the pressure of Shako upon ponytail upon back of skull. When you are in a shako for an hour, especially, for example, in a parade, it can really start hurting. When in drum corps, why put yourself through extra pain? Cut the hair as short as you can; keeps you cooler during summer, and makes showers quicker. Long hair = sign of own vanity.