Rubber Bands in Hair vs. Bobbie Pins

I know shakoes can be really tough on performers with longer hair. Do rubber bands work better or not?

Mom

Edited by Snapettes Mom

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bobby pins, though they take time to put in, are much easier to take out.

I laugh at the fact that people with long hair put rubber bands in their hair end up having short hair when they have to take them out.

~>conner

Well, you can always shave your head, but most gals usually don't go for that style. :P

I suppose it depends on what is and is not acceptable in your drum corps.

Where I marched, show hair is like a ritual.

Put unhealthy amounts of gel on wet hair and put it into a tight ponytail making sure to have it looking perfect before you tie it. I had 2 different brushes and a fine toothed comb to get it just right. Once youre done with that, braid the ponytail and put it into a tight bun. I then used spray gel or hairspray and the fine toothed comb again to make sure that nothing was ever going to even think about moving. I never personally used bobby pins, just small black or brown hair clips...looks much neater imo. So yeah, if all is done right, you should look like a boy.

Edited by ThePaula

I suppose it depends on what is and is not acceptable in your drum corps.

Where I marched, show hair is like a ritual.

Put unhealthy amounts of gel on wet hair and put it into a tight ponytail making sure to have it looking perfect before you tie it. I had 2 different brushes and a fine toothed comb to get it just right. Once youre done with that, braid the ponytail and put it into a tight bun. I then used spray gel or hairspray and the fine toothed comb again to make sure that nothing was ever going to even think about moving. I never personally used bobby pins, just small black or brown hair clips...looks much neater imo. So yeah, if all is done right, you should look like a boy.

you know you've done show hair right when the show is over, and you take all the clips/ties out...and it stays