What I DON"T miss about Drum Corps

Principals who make you wear shirts at all time (fauqier, va)

Scaffolding crew

swamp ###

corn fields

CHOOSE YOUR ATTITUDE!!

OH, I'M CHOOSING IT!!!

EF FAQUIER!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearing George Hopkins say ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for 45 mins of a 1 hour Hoppy talk.

Oh come on! That never gets old!! We actually started to count the number he said "Ahhh.." and look at his watch on the underside of his wrist and run his fingers through his hair.

LOL!! That's too funny!

The bus crash of 88

I've heard about that many a time...several of our old staffers at 'Canos that had come with Joe from NA would get angry if they saw us sleeping in the aisles on the bus...

Actually, I could do without the memory of my final hours with the Americanos in 02, seasons are not suppossed to end that way.

For the most part though - the stories you guys are telling are just part of the fun! There's a video on youtube with the tag "Bad Day" - it's from the Cadets. That pretty much captures the kinds of things you guys are talking about.

Oh come on! That never gets old!! We actually started to count the number he said "Ahhh.." and look at his watch on the underside of his wrist and run his fingers through his hair.

LOL!! That's too funny!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....ehhhhhhhhhhhh....cmmoonnnnnnnnnnn....you gotta (ehhhhhhhhhh) get uppppppppppp.................wasting your liiiffffffffeeeeeeeeeee...........ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........sleeeep is rehersal for death........one bag one body............cmoooooooooonnnn........gotta do iiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttt......yooooooooooooooo..........letss goooooooo.........ehhhhhhhhhhh

If you've heard this yourself, there is no need for explanation...

unloading and loading and unloading and loading and unloading and loading... well, you get the point.

(seemed to be awful in 2004 as the rain seemed to follow the corps wherever we went)

Winner!

Or doors on the stalls.

Another winner! Move ins were a nightmare for me last summer at Seaside.

Edited by Carl306

Or having the wheels fall off.

Which also happened quite frequently- remember the drive from Centerville to Erie?

do i ever... <_<

Being on the road, stopping at a burger joint, and waiting.........waiting............waiting while you were thirsty and starving. (Only burger joint around.)

Sleeping on a gym floor.

The showers being cold, ALL THE TIME.

Waiting for the air conditioning to come on in the buss while we were sweating our butts off.

When it rains and you're all soaking wet, then 5 minutes later, it immediately stops raining and the sun comes out hot as crap and all of the bugs immediately start attacking you.

Short amounts of time for EPL.

Seeing your parents on free days then having to leave them again.

Texas.

Lousiana.