Boston's Closer!

Y'know....I was just thinking about that. if we HAD marched it instead of making it an old-school concert, we would've had to have stayed in the one step per bar rate we were on the first move (during the opening trio). If I remember, it was 12/8, but counted as a 3/4....but Gary Zinter had to conduct in ONE.

I think we could've done it...it's not as difficult as it sounds...'course, I played the thing for 9 months, so I understand how it would have to come together.

I don;t see how we could've marched it in tempo....maybe Boston will try and can pull it off....would be interesting to see.

I wouldn't be surprised if you see a mix between marching it in 1 (3/4 jazz waltz) and a stagger tempo still in 3/4 feel but 1..3.1..3.1... etc etc. I would really be impressed if they marched it in duplet!!!!! A straight 2 against 3 feel (at least for part of it). Then again, I fall back on my comments about how the arrangement styles have changed. I can see myself complaining about segmentation and lack of continuity between voices and phrases ... but again .. I'm ahead of myself. I'm sure they will get away from the constant feel of (1) because that would be too repetitive by todays standards. It will be a BAC version of the original piece.. nuff said.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh.....trust me....you could've been in the upper deck at Grant Field and we would've made it feel up close and personal!!! MAJOR volume crankage gping on from the field!

hahaha

When you hear them this summer if you are able, remember two words...water hose.

WOW. Coming from a member of the 89 Suncoast Sound?

Pot??

Kettle??

Black??

:blink:

WOW. Coming from a member of the 89 Suncoast Sound?

Pot??

Kettle??

Black??

:blink:

This made me laugh - watch out

This forum really disgusts me at times. Monday's posting by Boston's brass caption head about their March camp has fallen to page 3 of this forum, only got 2 responses and was only read 341 times. As of now, this thread remains on page 1, has had 68 responses and was read 2632 times.

It's like we can't waste our time with the good news or thoughtful reports but can't wait to dive in on the next controversy or kick someone in the gonads! Let's class it up a bit folks!!!