Best And Worst Showers On Tour! ~

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladies and gentlemen--MY pick for the Box -34.293 WORST Showers in the Entire Universe...

--drum roll please--

THE BASEMENT OF BAYONNE HIGH SCHOOL, BAYONNE, NEW JERSEY.

Yeah yeah yeah...we all love the Bridgemen, and we all loved the show on the shores of that stinky bay...but never in my life had I had an experience like in the basement of Bayonne High School. You might as well had plopped me down in the middle of a Nightmare on Elm Street "hell" set with Freddy in the background raking his fingers across the lockers. It was dismal, stinking, dirty, I believe I was asked for a cigarette by a cockroach AS it was kicking a rat's ###....yeah....THAT BAD.

They should condemn that high school based on my experience in 1987.

Box 5?? I don't think Box 5 was ever attained in my three years in VK.

Edited by Ryan H. Turner

Box 5 = Elizabeth Forward High School in Elizabeth, PA. Awesome pressure, perfect amount of warmth, everything was the berries.

Box -5 = some middle school in NC where we stayed for FirstBEAT in 2005. Freezing cold, to the point of feeling like it was actually too hot, similar to the feeling of liquid Nitrogen hitting the skin.

Two good shower experiences mixed in with a bunch of terribles. In 03 and 04(maybe 04/05?) we got to stay in I believe it was Center Grove Illinois for the Chicagoland parades and stayed in a brand new rec center. Shared the place with Memphis once. Beautiful CLEAN showers with amazing water pressure and temp control and a sauna. It was great. Also our showers in Denver for 04 finals were pretty great. Were a little low, but there were about 30 working shower heads. Made the process quick!

I got to stay at those showers as well last summer. What I remember the most was all the marble everywhere and tv's watch the Cubs beat the Astros.

The corps I marched last summer was also fortunate to be the first of anybody to use the locker rooms at the brand new Barry Stadium in Cypress, Texas (Houston). There were probably 12 individual stalls, and with floors so clean, you could go without wearing sandals without worrying about getting athletes foot or something.

Ames field in Michigan City were awesome as well. Can you say shower races? :blink:

Best- Whatever country club we showered at in 89 around Dubuque on the 4th of July after the standstill.

Worst- Jackson Misissippi, 93, the drain was plugged and the water was shin deep full of soap scum and dead roaches the size of your thumbs. The school was like 100 years old or something.

Worst - the inner city high school we stayed at in Denver for finals in '04. Scalding, SCALDING hot, and there was a smoke detector in the hallway that repeatedly went off whenever the showers were running because of the ridiculous amount of steam (or it picked up the traces of burning flesh) causing the fire department to come at least twice a night. By the end of the week they were, to say the least, angry.