2005 The Cadets - Liquid

heh...."the hit"

i'll never forget finals day when we play it standing still and the ground shook.....

^OO^

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A cool story about that 'hit' in liquid...we were rehearsing for several days in one housing site outside of murfreesboro, and the field/stadium had us playing directly into some guys yard. After stopping on that note at the umbrella several times (it should be noted that we always hold a chord when we stop somewhere loud. He deciding to come out of his garage and tell us to shut the F up, go home, that sort of thing. Sooo of course we did it again. At this point it became a competition, him blaring his kid rock bawwitda ba crap, and us playing the same thing over and over again. Gino was still trying to coax more volume out of us there and dubbed that section's dynamics "###### off neighbor volume". I never forgot that, even until finals day when we rehearsed that chunk.

And that is a "great" drum corps story. It is cords like this one that seperate drum corps from marching band. No band has ever layed one down like that.

I assume 'the hit' is coming out of the waterfall...the first big impact of Liquid. One of my favorite moments to be sure, it's a ringtone on my cellie :)

Liquid defined Cadets 05 for me, it's the piece I listen to/watch if I don't listen/watch the whole show. It also shows off the hornline's chops better than any part of that show, to me. Great writing. (and also showcases some really incredible flagwork...).

I sure wish I won a world championship so I could a picture of my ring in my avatar.

:doh:

Please tell me that was meant as a joke making fun of BOTH of you. There are many ways that statement can can come across, and most of them are far from positive.