Madison Scouts - Going Green?

Umm.. man I'm disappointed. It seems to me they changed the uniform just to get away from anything that had to do with last year's staff. I wish them the best of luck this year, but I really don't like the new uniforms. Personally I think they should all like this guy:

n183400057_30219949_7054.jpg

:rock: oh wait that's me

I love you brothers! So if you like your uniforms, that's all that really matters.

I liked last years unis as well but I thought and many Ive spoken to thought this as well, that the way the uni was cut and form fit, it made everyone look like they were 16. Legs looked very spindly.

I had a feeling they were going to go to a mostly green uniform. For on thing it seemed like the time to go back to it as they have been at least half white since 1983-4. But I wonder if they tried to update the uniform of the 70s-80s? I think cleaner cut, a few modern touches and it might have been very cool and retro at the same time.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm.. man I'm disappointed. It seems to me they changed the uniform just to get away from anything that had to do with last year's staff. I wish them the best of luck this year, but I really don't like the new uniforms. Personally I think they should all like this guy:

n183400057_30219949_7054.jpg

:rock: oh wait that's me

I love you brothers! So if you like your uniforms, that's all that really matters.

I doubt that they are trying to get away from the 2006 staff.

There is a chance if we review the 2006 show one might see how the uni just didn't read well from the stands.......

There is a chance that the 2007 staff saw this too.

(And by the way HOW WRONG CAN ANY "BAND JACKET" TRULY BE? Please!)

Edited by Cop

I'm with ya Joe... I liked last years, too.

But I really think it's just you, me, Krista and Conner that liked last years uni... (j/k ofcourse...)

I remember when BD changed in '94... people were ALL up in arms. I was anyway.

But of COURSE I think Madison should look like THIS guy:

MadisonScouts.jpg

:rock: ... Wait! That's ME!

(jes teasin' ya Joe... and you need to be thinkin' 2008)

I really liked 06 too.

Geno - If Scouts looked like you in above picture, would they have 15 inch snares too?? :P

Cadets have gone back to the classic look...Scouts too?

Which for Scouts, the grey WEST POINT cadet uniform or BOY SCOUT ?

They wore both 60 years ago.

Edited by Cop

I really liked 06 too.

Geno - If Scouts looked like you in above picture, would they have 15 inch snares too?? :P

:rock:

I doubt that... but that would be full retro, wouldn't it? The way they play now they'd be busting rims all over the place ... POW! :lolhit:

I can also tell you that it is my opinion that the general attitude of the 2007 members of the Madison Scouts is pretty strong, so a few opinions to the negative of their new uniform will have approximately ZERO impact on their attitude about wearing it.

NO WAY!! madison members don't care what we write on dcp??!!... i'm being sarcastic. I agree with your post 100%. Amazing corps, amazing guys, amazing attitudes...and now, amazing uniform :P

It'll be fine....looks aren't that important anyway; or at least that's what they tell me.... :)

Did remind me of the old Geneseo Knights though. The orange ones from the early 80's.

On another note, I think the new Fleur de lis is great and the web site is looking really good. I have really enjoyed the communication and information from the corps, and feel much more connected. Great job all!

bill

At least they aren't wearing this

magicbari.jpg

OMG... that's just... ummm... well, it's really something, huh? :rock: