Madison Scouts - Going Green?

I believe one reason they got the new uniforms was the fact that they were no longer sponsored by Fred J. Miller Inc.

I was wondering about this too? Did FJM keep ownership of last year's uniform and take them back? I just don't understand why the corps would not use those uniforms again? I thought they looked great and they were NEW.

With the financial problems the corps openly discusses on their web site, I would think another set of new uniforms would have been way down on the list.

Of course, I guess there's the possibility that Stanbury is supplying the uniforms for free. I just don't think the

white/red aussie goes with the many different shades of green.

I will also say that NOTHING improves the look of an ugly uniform than does a HOT playing drum corps. They could come out in red, green, and gold clown suits IF THEY CAN PLAY and bring the house down.

Good luck Scouts. Looking forward to seeing you in about 6 more weeks.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know for sure what the heck they will do with last years uni?? What do they do with the drums when they get new ones??

It's very SCV and thats not a bad thing.........

If Scouts are blazzing Zeppilin and do it well.......... they can wear anything they darn well please!

"Rock out with your sock out"

Edited by Cop

they do, however, appear to be using last years set of drums from pictures I've seen.

OK - i know the Scouts staff will probably use what they showed at open house, but how cool would it be

if they tweaked it to look like this......please excuse my less than perfect photoshop work. :)

479257162_ee2f5f2e1b.jpg

I like it! Nice blend of the old and new.

As for the actual concept....not the best. I'd have to see it on the field, but not too impressed as of now. Can't wait to see them!

OK - i know the Scouts staff will probably use what they showed at open house, but how cool would it be

if they tweaked it to look like this......please excuse my less than perfect photoshop work. :)

479257162_ee2f5f2e1b.jpg

Jeff - that is MUCH better IMO. Add a small fdl and you're in business! I don't care for the new unis but if the corps is smokin' it won't much matter.

IMHO the best scouts unis are the ones depicted in your painting "Santos"