DCI Classic countdown

Your loss.

Nope. DCI's loss, though it won't hurt them too bad. I can put my DVD player on "random" mode anytime I want at home for free, and my sound system is pretty good. :)

Anyway, it looks like they're dropping some hints, so I may change my mind this year yet (if so, it'll be Spokane). I really hope they go back to what they did the past 2 years next year.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

San Antonio, TX - The Alamo Quarry

Anyway, it looks like they're dropping some hints, so I may change my mind this year yet (if so, it'll be Spokane). I really hope they go back to what they did the past 2 years next year.

yeah -- the only reason i'm going is because there's likely to be a cadets or star show, and any chance i can get to see one on a big screen i'll take. plus i don't own any dvds.

(that, and its exam week, and i'll be ready to do something mindless for a few hours by then.)

other than that, the new format really sucks. i don't find drum corps to be enjoyable enough in general to just watch whatever show happens to be on. i really need to know what i'm paying for.

Trussville, AL

Add 2 more for Trussville!

i don't find drum corps to be enjoyable enough in general to just watch whatever show happens to be on. i really need to know what i'm paying for.

I think I agree. The only shows I would really pay to see are from the last ten years, and while there are sure to be a few up there tomorrow night, I already own all of them on DVD anyway. I'm leaning toward not going, still haven't made up my mind, though.

Nope. DCI's loss, though it won't hurt them too bad. I can put my DVD player on "random" mode anytime I want at home for free, and my sound system is pretty good. :)

You should go. Whether you've seen the shows or not, your home DVD player cannot give you the excitement of being around other people who are into drum corps as much as you are. You might see some old friends, you might meet some new ones. Drum Corps is a social activity - go out and support it. DCI didn't come up with this format to purposely make you mad. I'm sure they were looking at doing something a little different to make things interesting. Stop making it out like the big bad DCI has it in for you. See you at the show.

Edited by 2CoolVK

austin, tx, if someone will pick up my work shift.