Madison Scouts '07 Clips

Someone used the word thin to describe the brass arrangement. I have to agree, IMO it's needs to be more technical. I'm hoping the rest of the arrangement covers that, if they do then I expect Madison to move up a notch or two.

Edited by Phantombari1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some one used the word thin to describe the brass arrangement. I have to agree, IMO it's needs to be more technical. I'm hoping the rest of the arrangement covers that, if they do then I expect Madison to move up a notch or two.

These recording were made in a gym and you can not hear every thing that is going on. I think that after you hear it outside you may change your mind. JMHO

I saw the run through last night in Baraboo. Opening walk onto field is really cool while singing and playing Uninvited. The Sound of the vocals is quite nice. Its dark and deep. My girlfriend is new to Drum Corps and thought the vocals were very well done and really fit Madisons intro. Pit plays while Corps and DM are introduced then they break into Kashmir with a big opening hit. Corps seems to have a ton of energy and enthusiasm. As for the performance, its early but I saw and heard some very nice things being so early. Mellos and Contras are strong sound wise but I was looking for a bit more out of the Trumpets. Timing was an issue as the Corps spread the field but Id be pretty sure most Corps have the same issue this time of year. Scouts music is great and I think when this show is at its peak, the drum corps fans will LOVE IT. Also, there were a few trumpet/mello runs in Kashmir that sounded oh so MADISON. Really looking forward to the finished product.

Drums were thin. Counted 8 Snare, 2 Tenors and 5 Bass. Im sure there were some missing. Pit sounded great.

I dont give a crap about proving anything to two bitter people of no importance to me. Maybe its time they prove they have an actual life and move on from their obsession. Meanwhile I expect that sooner or later someone will figure out that once again you have snuck back onto somewhere youre not welcome and ban you once again.

Oh, I get it, It's Terri and/or Jim. Maybe they should be reported. Nah...that would mean they have relevance and are threatening and important.

~G~

I truly believe that Kashmir and Uninvited might just be the two most unique pieces coming to the football field this summer. I think I'm going to like them if the visual show is equal to what I'm hearing.

I'm still ambivalent about the Faure at this point. I'll need to see the show as a whole before I have an idea about it. I'm not sold on the Requiem yet, but could easily be when seeing it in context.

By the way...last time Kashmir was performed on a football field? 1977 in the Seattle Kingdome, by Led Zeppelin themselves.

This show owns. Tango could use a little extra juice, but we'll see as the season goes on. Can't wait to see 'em!

Tango is much more than what was played at open house. Just so we all know.

I saw the run through last night in Baraboo. Opening walk onto field is really cool while singing and playing Uninvited. The Sound of the vocals is quite nice. Its dark and deep. My girlfriend is new to Drum Corps and thought the vocals were very well done and really fit Madisons intro. Pit plays while Corps and DM are introduced then they break into Kashmir with a big opening hit. Corps seems to have a ton of energy and enthusiasm. As for the performance, its early but I saw and heard some very nice things being so early. Mellos and Contras are strong sound wise but I was looking for a bit more out of the Trumpets. Timing was an issue as the Corps spread the field but Id be pretty sure most Corps have the same issue this time of year. Scouts music is great and I think when this show is at its peak, the drum corps fans will LOVE IT. Also, there were a few trumpet/mello runs in Kashmir that sounded oh so MADISON. Really looking forward to the finished product.

Drums were thin. Counted 8 Snare, 2 Tenors and 5 Bass. Im sure there were some missing. Pit sounded great.

Sounds good. How's the drill?

Clips sound awesome, hope I can see them soon. They're skipping Ankeny this year. :(

Anybody know anything about how the guard is doing???