What Changes to Classic Countdown Would You Make ?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As it's been already stated, (but I believe it can't be said enough), if you're going to use the word "classic", use it correctly. I loved Phantom and Cavies last year, but thay aren't classic shows... yet. Shows from three years ago are NOT classic shows. I'd put a 5 year, (at the least) bumper on it by saying anything within the last 5 years is not a classic show.

Sorry to be blunt, but I'm tired of seeing corps from the past 5 years bumping out corps like Suncoast or the Freelancers.

I totally don't give a #### about the countdown. Change things so I do.

I'd ban shows from the 70s

Wow. That's cutting out the REAL classics: 73 Kilties (if I remember right), 74 Kingsmen, 74-76 Muchachos, 75 Scouts, 76 Blue Devils, 77 Bridgemen, 77 Freelancers, 79 Blue Devils and other great shows from 27th Lancers, Guardsmen, Troopers (I love 74's end of the Yellow Rose of Texas--great guard work :P ), end lots of other absolutely legendary corps.

I remember being in awe of some of the things I listened to when I was on tour like the Muchachos. Just incredible stuff, and I didn't even know that they were playing P/R's until 77 and later.

This isn't capping on you Einstein, but all I wanted to do when I was in junior corps was make previous alumni proud that I was a member. I felt it was a real honor and responsibility when I was allowed to wear the Freelancer cadet. I always felt that those who came before me produced a show that was equal to or better than the one I marched. It was my job to live up to the alumni standards, everything else came second.

BTW, thanks for the vote of confidence, Randy. I wouldn't mind seeing Suncoast and Valley Fever on the big screen myself. Actually, I'd be happy just finding recordings of Valley Fever.

Wow. That's cutting out the REAL classics: 73 Kilties (if I remember right), 74 Kingsmen, 74-76 Muchachos, 75 Scouts, 76 Blue Devils, 77 Bridgemen, 77 Freelancers, 79 Blue Devils and other great shows from 27th Lancers, Guardsmen, Troopers (I love 74's end of the Yellow Rose of Texas--great guard work :P ), end lots of other absolutely legendary corps.

I remember being in awe of some of the things I listened to when I was on tour like the Muchachos. Just incredible stuff, and I didn't even know that they were playing P/R's until 77 and later.

This isn't capping on you Einstein, but all I wanted to do when I was in junior corps was make previous alumni proud that I was a member. I felt it was a real honor and responsibility when I was allowed to wear the Freelancer cadet. I always felt that those who came before me produced a show that was equal to or better than the one I marched. It was my job to live up to the alumni standards, everything else came second.

BTW, thanks for the vote of confidence, Randy. I wouldn't mind seeing Suncoast and Valley Fever on the big screen myself. Actually, I'd be happy just finding recordings of Valley Fever.

Amen!!!

:doh: