Rochester Review NEEDED

I would just like to state with my deepest appollogizes after talking to bucsbuff that i misinterpreted what he said and my deepests appologies to the members of the Rochester Crusaders for my opinions on there preformance.

Speaking of apologies...........................Gene apologizes for saying every one sucked at the Rochester show, but him.

Way to go Gene! Always tryin' to start somethin'. Can't you feel the love??? Can't we all just get along???

MAKE LOVE.............NOT WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The THUNDERBIRDS are extremely happy with our first performance of the year.

"Jezebel" came to kick azz and take no names. "No matter where she's at...............she's there."

I am Nick, I play Soprano, and we partied like "Rock Stars" last weekend in Ro cha cha.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here is my review of the show. I am an avid drum corps fan, have played and marched, have run a couple of corps and currently run Spectrum Independent World Guard.

First it was really great to see all the people at the show enjoying drum corps and sharing a common interest. You could feel the vibe. I enjoyed being there.

As far as the performances go.....The Rochester Orchestra was great and they played some great music...obviously accomplished musicians that were comfortable with what they were doing.

The Greece Marching Band did a nice job with the both National Anthems and certainly represented the Greece School District very well.

Ghost Riders were fun and hearing the recognizeable music was a real treat for me. You could tell they were having fun.

Thunderbirds......wow! You made me smile throughout your entire performance! What a great sound and I loved the pieces that you played. Very accomplished and professional sounding performance. :)

The Crusaders are taking the next step in their return to the top 10 in DCA. Smoking Drum line...congrats Tyrell old friend...the line is going to turn some heads. Love the Russian music!

White Sabers....Moondance is a favorite of mine

Brigadiers.....Baritone soloist...what a pure sound! Loved the music and I believe that you will be in the thick of things this summer. It was like "The Best of the Brigs" nite for me. Keep up the good work!

Mighty St. Joes......Lots of fun...great music....Soloists really knocked me out. I missed seeing my old friend Ford and Lois out there but it was wonderful to see Steve Dunn and Les Hampton in there. All of us marched together many years ago.

Once again it was a real great time for me to feel the vibe of the common interest, the competitive feel amongst the performers and of course the music. Music is a wonderful thing because it crosses all boundaries, all beliefs and is a common bond that can heal many things. My hat is off to all performers, staff and managers of all corps.

Thats my review......its my own personal opinion and does not reflect at all on my winterguard program.

Well here is my review of the show. I am an avid drum corps fan, have played and marched, have run a couple of corps and currently run Spectrum Independent World Guard.

First it was really great to see all the people at the show enjoying drum corps and sharing a common interest. You could feel the vibe. I enjoyed being there.

As far as the performances go.....The Rochester Orchestra was great and they played some great music...obviously accomplished musicians that were comfortable with what they were doing.

The Greece Marching Band did a nice job with the both National Anthems and certainly represented the Greece School District very well.

Ghost Riders were fun and hearing the recognizeable music was a real treat for me. You could tell they were having fun.

Thunderbirds......wow! You made me smile throughout your entire performance! What a great sound and I loved the pieces that you played. Very accomplished and professional sounding performance. :)

The Crusaders are taking the next step in their return to the top 10 in DCA. Smoking Drum line...congrats Tyrell old friend...the line is going to turn some heads. Love the Russian music!

White Sabers....Moondance is a favorite of mine

Brigadiers.....Baritone soloist...what a pure sound! Loved the music and I believe that you will be in the thick of things this summer. It was like "The Best of the Brigs" nite for me. Keep up the good work!

Mighty St. Joes......Lots of fun...great music....Soloists really knocked me out. I missed seeing my old friend Ford and Lois out there but it was wonderful to see Steve Dunn and Les Hampton in there. All of us marched together many years ago.

Once again it was a real great time for me to feel the vibe of the common interest, the competitive feel amongst the performers and of course the music. Music is a wonderful thing because it crosses all boundaries, all beliefs and is a common bond that can heal many things. My hat is off to all performers, staff and managers of all corps.

Thats my review......its my own personal opinion and does not reflect at all on my winterguard program.

The Erie TBIRDS thank you for the...WOW!! Can't ask for more than that. Glad you enjoyed the show. I know we had a blast doing it especially for the appreciative fans.

Kyle and I had a long discussion yesterday. Kyle learned a lot and I believe he won't do what he did again. Please forgive the guy.

Let me express my thoughts here for a moment. I don't want to offend anyone, but this has to be said. The original negative remarks were made about us, the White Sabers. The comment about our staff being too big was supposed to be okay? LOL –that made me chuckle. Was that person questioning our ability to run a drum corps? I really don't think that was the intent. The comment about us being scared, well, that comment was passed on to our instructors. They'll take it and we'll see what happens.

As I said in my previous post, I really do appreciate the fact that the reviews were done. Please keep it up!

Mark - Director

White Sabers

Well, I enjoyed our performance . I was not able to see others on the stage, but all in all it doesn't matter what anyone's opinion is now! It will only matter in July and what the judges have to say.

Best of Luck to everyone.

Bob

Kyle and I had a long discussion yesterday. Kyle learned a lot and I believe he won't do what he did again. Please forgive the guy.

Let me express my thoughts here for a moment. I don't want to offend anyone, but this has to be said. The original negative remarks were made about us, the White Sabers. The comment about our staff being too big was supposed to be okay? LOL –that made me chuckle. Was that person questioning our ability to run a drum corps? I really don't think that was the intent. The comment about us being scared, well, that comment was passed on to our instructors. They'll take it and we'll see what happens.

As I said in my previous post, I really do appreciate the fact that the reviews were done. Please keep it up!

Mark - Director

White Sabers

Edited by trptrex

Thunderbirds......wow! You made me smile throughout your entire performance! What a great sound and I loved the pieces that you played. Very accomplished and professional sounding performance.

"Jezebel" and the ERIE THUNDERBIRDS thank you.........thank you very much.

I would like to thank Donald Charles Allen (DCA) for writing the opening statement for our "Wild-Wild West" segment of our show. Extremely powerful 12 measures........I love the way D.A. writes. Looks like he lost some weight too.

New glasses.......hair combed. The Blousemen would be proud.

Edited by SoloSop420

Nick...

you kill me! I listened carefully to Jezebel and was very impressed with absence of vibrato. :angry:

It was good seeing you guys...and it also looked like you lost some weight. Gene likes my mellie parts I think....hehe.

I appreciate the reviews. St. Joes horn line has worked hard this past winter.

Brad DeWaal is finally getting the recognition he deserves and that is awesome. He is one of "THOSE GUYS"...

Joe

Nick...

you kill me! I listened carefully to Jezebel and was very impressed with absence of vibrato. :angry:

It was good seeing you guys...and it also looked like you lost some weight. Gene likes my mellie parts I think....hehe.

I appreciate the reviews. St. Joes horn line has worked hard this past winter.

Brad DeWaal is finally getting the recognition he deserves and that is awesome. He is one of "THOSE GUYS"...

Joe

"OO-WE-OO-WE-OO"....indeed I do :rolleyes:

[i appreciate the reviews. St. Joes horn line has worked hard this past winter.

Brad DeWaal is finally getting the recognition he deserves and that is awesome. He is one of "THOSE GUYS"...]

I agree! St Joe's was the best I ever heard them! All the solo's were teriffic! Brad, you're amongst the best anywhere and it was great parting with you.

Let's do it again! Once a year just isn't enough for a gig like this.

Edited by Jeff Gibbens