Loudest Crowd Reaction

So, who do you think had the loudest crowd reaction in Senior Corps History?

Some that come to mind would be some of those old Skyliners shows of the 60's

2001 Brigs

2004 Statesmen

I'm biased towards another show, but I won't say which one :P

Who do you think?

Edited by BucsBuff

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[scratches head trying to identify which show Buff is biased towards]

:P

I was thnking of a particular moment in that same show. Perhaps not the loudest ever, but to me on the field it felt enormous!

1969 Yankee Rebels!! The crowd was going nuts as soon as they turned into the closer.

2000 Bridgeport show when they were announcing the scores. That's the first time we did the Bridgeport show and the crowd loved us. They boo'd at our score and placement that night. What a night to remember, since it was Canada Day.

The crowd always seemed loud in Erie, but that's because they are practically on your lap! :P b**bs

2003 Empire..."KING REX".

As a performer I don't think its fair to answer but I do remember one time........(this time at a Drum Corps Show).

Finals - 1995 During the guard stretch and pre-show pep talk we were told to pay close attention during the rumps that the crowd will get so loud you can't hear the music, my first thought as a rookie - yeah right ok, whatever........

Well......they were right, it was unreal. Then again all of 1995 for me was unreal!!!

Edited by irishcab95

1989 Freelancers at the Wichita Falls show. The crowd was soo loud that we couldn't hear the mark time mark command to start the next piece. E.T. was very well received at that show. Autographs to boot, and a few other gender phone numbers exchanged hands that night.

2006 Kilties everywhere. Not quite as loud as the previous. But well received. Recalling the next to last field show at a local football game, where some autistic kids near the 50 were getting jiggy with it to Scottish folklore. Double thumbs up and a big fat grin to boot. Despite being first on at most field shows, the stadiums always seemed to have good crowds. Except for that Rochester show at the end. But those that were there sure made some racket.

So, who do you think had the loudest crowd reaction in Senior Corps History?

Some that come to mind would be some of those old Skyliners shows of the 60's

2001 Brigs

2004 Statesmen

I'm biased towards another show, but I won't say which one :P

Who do you think?

If this includes Reunion/Alumni Corps, I'd have to say that the loudest crowd reaction ever, might have been at UW's Camp Randall Stadium in Madison Wisconsin, last August when the Scouts' Reunion Corps was on that field. Probably 30,000 or so individuals screaming their heads off.

OK!!! OK!!!! I'll bite. I was NOT going to get into this thread, but now I feel compelled because no one has gone waaaaay back 'cept for a broad comment about the '60's.........

It was 1963 American Legion Nationals in Miami, FL. The crowd (30-35,000) was on its feet screaming deleriously during Archie's entire exit and after the close. The exit was 'I Have Dreamed' (King & I) , which followed a teaser trio of 'National Emblem' that ended in a company front at front sideline.....last foot hit the line, an immediate about turn & drum interlude to set up 2 ranks of horns parallel to each other a roll off into 'Dreamed'. The 2 ranks half-stepped with a high leg lift (almost a prance) until the crescendo into the closing refrain, when the hornline hit an fff and stepped off to cross the goal line. The hair on the back of my neck and arms still stands up when I think of that moment. The drill had us filling in at the goal line and the last 3 man squad to hit the goal was Kenny Newman, Carmen Cirlincione and me.

After the closing chords and the sop obligato (crowd going wilder still) we hit our 'pose' (horns down and up in right hand with left fist on hip)........stands going wild........Kenny pukes and Carmen faints, hits the ground and bounces twice.

Man we left everything we had on that field..........thank you to anyone who saw us and cheered that day. Thank you to any Garfield alumni who cheered us on when we hit the start line.......thanks to the Miami Vanguard kids and other competitors who sought us out to praise our effort, but most importantly, thank you to all the men of Post 979 from Upper Darby, The Archer-Epler Musketeers, who gave me a memory which today is as vibrant as it was that hot September night in 1963...... afo/ofa.........words to live by

Jimbalaya

Edited by Jimbalaya