Hottest Show?

The one last season that I thought was particularly hot was the Battle Creek regional. Geez, we were performing like, right under the sun, it was awful! So much for Michigan being cooler than the rest of the country.

i remember it was ...uh.....kind of hot, during warmups. i do remember how annoying bright the sun was, and i do remember splitting the groups for stretch into two so that we were all in the shade, but it wasnt too horrible there.

apparently i have a selective memory because nothing comes to mind for the hottest show ive ever marched. i seem to have blocked it from my mind and i cant really say that bothers me too much at the moment.

move-in in orlando does really suck, though. a lot.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh and regardless of what's posted in this thread, my metaphorical hat goes off to corps that perform early. with only a few exceptions, i hope people whove marched corps like bd can accept that however hot it was when they went on, it was probably a lot hotter a few hours earlier when the sun was at its worst.

Thank you, DCI, for making Div 2/3 finals during the middle of the day. Going on at 1230 for finals in '05 was probably the worst experience of my life. It was absolutely terrible. The Rome, NY show was pretty terrible as well, as was pretty much everything else Borges said.

That's the thing that sucks most about being a 2/3 corps at a DI show - you have to go on early, when the sun's still out and hot as ####.

Great Bend, KANSAS! Ugh.

118 degrees on the field, hardest day of practice all summer.

Grant's Pass, Oregon was surprisingly hot as well, I think it was the concrete stadium that we practiced in.

The hottest show I ever performed at was in 2004 in Pheonix, AZ.

After the show when we got back to our trucks and busses ....I passed out.

Funny,

I thought everyone complained and cried saying they hated Florida because of the heat.

Summer in Florida is not hotter and actually cooler than the Midwest, MidAtlantic and elsewhere. There is at least a constant breeze.

The temperature reading of the Astroturf at DCI Worlds in Kansas City at the start of the week was 135 degrees. It "cooled off" substantially as the week progressed.

The hottest and muggiest I've ever felt at a DCI World Finals was Foxboro in 2005. The paper the next day stated Boston broke a 101-year-old record that day. I felt hotter there (finals night) than in Jackson, MS in 1993.

The whole flippin' summer of 1988....especially in Wisconsin.

Summer of 1998 for me.

two places in particular.

Wichita Kansas, the heat index was pushing 125 and of course a 100% humidity.

funny thing was we then went over to Denver for Drums Across the Rockies. The show wasn't bad but the rehearsal the day before the show Denver broke the heat record that day

I will take a 100 + dry heat day over any 90+ humid day.

Shannon

Birmingham ... 1989 ..... 120 ish at field level during prelims.

It was just as bad during Brimingham prelims in '90. I remember my feet burning through my shoes when we'd stand still.

The whole flippin' summer of 1988....especially in Wisconsin.

Yeah, that was a hot one for sure. I remember the '85 first tour through Texas and bussing dying left and right. Freelancers even had a terrible time with their coaches. I am not sure how VK made it home in our old busses, but it was tough.