1993 Star of Indiana Drumline

jarede on bass 1 makes me happy

VERY happy

Man, this guy got to march some great show's starting with Cadets '87. He's a great guy from what I remember...always had a smile on his face or telling a joke.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that a picture of the bonfire from A&M, Medea?

Yeppers...I've gotten many a "sunburn" from that thing (I was in the band right up next to it) :P

marched in some great ones

and teched other great ones

Where has he teched? He's kinda' fallen off my radar since '93...i'd love to know...I'm kind of a trivia junkie.

It was definitely at retreat and was played for The Cadets, who seem to really be enjoying it despite the mistakes. I wish they had recorded them playing When You Wish Upon A Star. That was always nice to hear out of that hornline.

Man, do I really miss retreat and corps playing signature pieces at the end of an event. :(

Wow - for supposedly being one of the greatest shows of all time, there was some not so great brass playing going on in the encore. Terrible attacks and intonation. You name it, it was bad.

Go ahead and bash, but the video/audio doesn't lie.

Agreed. Sloppy

Agreed. Sloppy

Again...it was AFTER the competitive performance, shot with a hand held camera off to the side (not the professional equeip,ent used for the TV broadcast and Cd recordings), they hadn't played for an hour or so and did so with no warmup, and thet'd ust LOST the title by 1/10th. What part of this do you two NOT get??

I remember the pain of losing that close, especiall since 84 was my ONLY year in Jr corps. So unless YOU have, don't bash Star for putting their emotions through their instruments on that run.

Props to them for playing to Garfield in the first place...i don;t know if we could've done it in 84.