Television...one of the most popular mediums in the world today. Just think how many career's it launched and movements it's publicized. So, what if there was a whole station devoted to drum corps, what would you like to see? How would you run it? How would you promote it?

Television...one of the most popular mediums in the world today. Just think how many career's it launched and movements it's publicized. So, what if there was a whole station devoted to drum corps, what would you like to see? How would you run it? How would you promote it?

get it on JOOST.

www.joost.com

DCTV already exists in a wonderful establishment, Patrick's on Thrid, in St. Peter, MN. They have multiple TV's the play 24 hours of drum corps shows, and they have World Famous Patty Melts, and are the home of the current DCA-A World Champs the Govenaires.

That's wonderful, but some of us live in North Carolina. Not exactly walking distance.

My idea is like that although I'd broaden it to encompass everything to do with marching music. Drum corps, marching band, guard, etc. This TV network could show DCI and DCA shows from the past and present, HS marching bands (not just competetive corps style either. Gotta think broader) Halftime shows from college bands that don't get shown on TV, WGI events, international drum corps shows, documentaries, stuff like that.

My idea is like that although I'd broaden it to encompass everything to do with marching music. Drum corps, marching band, guard, etc. This TV network could show DCI and DCA shows from the past and present, HS marching bands (not just competetive corps style either. Gotta think broader) Halftime shows from college bands that don't get shown on TV, WGI events, international drum corps shows, documentaries, stuff like that.

I would watch that until my eyes started to bleed.

Or how about an even better question, why isn't DCP leading the way in terms of social media? So many posibilities NOT being realized.

What a shame...

How many of you would go to Drumcorpsfilms.com if it was showing videos, podcasts and Drum Corps Video specials?

How many of you would would like to see the same on DCP?

Just wondering...

John Christensen

Producer