Anyone else see that Colts have Euphs?

That is very interesting. The income though sometimes doesn't meet the expense. Didn't Phantom have to restructure a 400,000 loan that was going to default? I wonder how many of these corps that you have listed only spend what their revenue indicates they make and carry no debt forward. Just a question, that I don't think could be answered.

Actually, you can see all of that on the corps' Form 990 as well. For example, in 2005 Cavies had $945,863 in revenue, but they also had $1,026,825 in expenses. This was a deficit of $80,962. BUT, it shows that they started the year with $370,267 in net assets or fund balances, so the result was end of year net assets or fund balances of $289,305. You can view the details of all of their assets, expenses, etc. on guidestar.org.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colts have always had the heart and the talent is becoming more and more noticable than it ever was in the past.

As far as the Euphs go, I am stoked to finally see this talented line get some big guns so to speak. It will certainly help with the low brass presence (not that there's anything wrong with it). Should be a great year once again.

Colts have made finals 7 times ('93, '94, '95, '96, '98, '99, 01). The most recent of which was in 2001. Their highest placement was 9th in 1995. Their talent has been noticable for a long time! Maybe they're in a competitive lull, but their talent is fine. Perhaps the show design coupled with the talent level has kept them out of finals for a few years, but they're good!

I'm glad they're going with euphs.... You get a little darker overall sound...

Edited by jjeffeory

If they didn't pass out mid-show... :P

On topic, though. Good luck colts! Sounds like you guys will have a kickin' hornline this year, and I'm excited to see you!

I of course assumed that you would be cutting holes in the appropriate places for arms and heads.... :beer:

The revenue quoted includes all income sources, including public donations.

Here are the latest tax return documents from Guidestar for the 2005/6 top 12 plus Colts:

Y.E.A. - $4,175,901 (2005)

Blue Devils - $3,297,918 (2004)

Bluecoats - $2,425,523 (2005)

Santa Clara - $2,018,801 (2005)

Glassmen - $1,592,439 (2005)

Madison - $1,056,676 (2005)

Cavaliers - $945,863 (2005)

Crown - $870,718 (2005)

Phantom - $822,207 (2005)

Colts - $819,642 (2005)

Boston - $725,454 (2005)

Blue Knights - $563,764 (2005)

Spirit - $521,557 (2005)

Interesting how $$$ do not always equate to placement.

Wow, I can't believe SCV is on such shakey financial ground with that much income when you compare theirs to others like Cavaliers. Of course, the cost of doing business in the Midwest is minute compared to the West Coast.

Edited by Medeabrass

Wow, I can't believe SCV is on such shakey financial ground with that much income when you compare theirs to others like Cavaliers. Of course, the cost of doing business in the Midwest is minute compared to the West Coast.

Eh, the cost of doing business in Chacago is pretty close to the cost of doing business in the West. I just moved from the West coast (L.A.) to the Midwest (Madison). It's not that different anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing to keep in mind about the Colts Organization is that it is comprised of the Colts, Colts Cadets, Youth Choirs, Summer Band, and a Steel Band. The "big" corps is only one facet of the organization.