Three favorite Madison hornlines

O.k. - Going off of favorite 3 BD and Cavalier hornlines,

What are your favorite 3 Madison hornlines?

my 3 are:

Edited by madalumni

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK here are mine - reverse order

3. 1983 - a classic Madison sound - an even better version of Strawberry Soup than 82. One of my top overall Scouts shows.

2. 1995 - The dvd's and cds don't do this show justice. Outstanding lead sop. section. Hard to even describe unless you've seen it live.

1. 1986 - pure "####s" - Scouts have often been called "top heavy", and often times are, but not in 86. Great bari solos (Wacholz???) - supposedley the highest note ever played in DCI too - (does anyone know who was playing the spock roll behind that solo??) but really my favorite parts are the mello parts towards the end, and the two songs that had a HUGE horn endings with no drums/pit. I really can't think of a show that had two loud endings of songs like that. By far my favorite Scouts hornline.

OK here are mine - reverse order

1. 1986 - pure "####s" - Scouts have often been called "top heavy", and often times are, but not in 86. Great bari solos (Wacholz???) - supposedley the highest note ever played in DCI too - (does anyone know who was playing the spock roll behind that solo??) but really my favorite parts are the mello parts towards the end, and the two songs that had a HUGE horn endings with no drums/pit. I really can't think of a show that had two loud endings of songs like that. By far my favorite Scouts hornline.

Classic Gerogeson arranging. (and he's back!) The Bari soloist in Harlem Suite

was Dean Smith (Captain Blat) and in Starlight Express it was Don Pitzer. :)

'84

'95

'99

Honorable mention: '06 Alumni Corps

Edited by dccorpsfan