Staff Quotes

I dont remember exactly how it came up, but...

"GET EM UP VK!"

one of our techs said that during a music block. It was immediately followed by the entire Bari section roaring in laughter.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, what's it like marching for the reincarnated VK?

Hey, what's it like marching for the reincarnated VK?

It's amazing. It's literally indescribable. Every moment I'm there is just great, and when I'm not with them I feel deprived.

Haha, I don't know if that makes sense, but it's fun man, it's going to be a great year.

" A day without Drum corps, is like a day without Sunshine!"

Bob Gilligan

Knowing Bob I'm surprised it was a day without sunshine, and not a day without beer and smokes. :)

Now that Dan is more on the administrative side of things, we only got to treck with him once in 03. Because he waited until mid-July or so, we were all in really good shape and had a lot of fun learning old school methods for playing loud. I still use Fat Momma with high school lines I work with.

Never met Fat Momma--or at least don't remember her! It? Yeah, we didn't see Dan untill mid-season, thank God!

i'm not going to mention the corps as this person is no longer envolved. but we were practicing in downtown philadelphia, we of course had been given the speech about representing the corps well. then came the last practice run through before that evenings show. then at the end over the loud speaker we get the recap from the program coordinator. Brass needs to watch this and that, same for percussion, and finally GUARD!!!!! for tonight do you think you might be able to hold on to the f%$king equipment!!!!!

Guard can you hold on to the f#@king equipment became my favorite staff quote of the year.

We're out in the middle of wherever in 92 and in ensemble rehearsal, so the whole corps is around, all the staff members, caption heads, techs, etc are all talking to their people all the time. Bill Watson starts to say something to the baritones at the same time our tech is talking to us. Bill is the man with the Long Ranger microphone at the moment, so he blurts (yells?) out at 10,000 watts, "Can I talk to the god ###### baritones?" OK, the guy already has a pretty powerful voice in the first place. Giving him amplification was an experience. He later apologized for this, but I almost felt like we should go out an apologize to the locals watching rehearsals!!

I dont remember exactly how it came up, but...

"GET EM UP VK!"

one of our techs said that during a music block. It was immediately followed by the entire Bari section roaring in laughter.

Knowing the history of VK spoofing SCV, sounds like a spoof on the "feathers up/feathers down thing." Or could just be a reference to youthful biological functions.

i'm in rifle block and i hear our caption head shout to the flag line...

"{insert name here} are you pregnant?"

"Uhh...no?"

"Then why are you late!!!!"

Ouch!! My favorite!

Knowing Bob I'm surprised it was a day without sunshine, and not a day without beer and smokes. :)

Sounds like something a staffer would say in reference to an upcoming off-day and the need for rehearsal time!

One of my favorite quotes came from Dan Ferrell as well.

It was 89 and we were on tour somewhere.

We had a MONSTER baritone line that summer, but two of us, me (Ducky) and Moose, were managing to overpower the whole line on our Euphs.

Dan stops the practice, and Moose and I think we are in for it.

He picks up the megaphone and says," we need all the baritones except Ducky and Moose to bring it up a bit. Those two are already convited honkers"

Honkers was a good thing by the way.

I have been / can be as intense as *anyone*, and I can take correction, sarcarsm, and some measure of personal humiliation (a little)...

...but if anyone had said some of the stuff in this thread to me, I would have quit right after I kicked his/her/its ###...and if the corps members wanted to defend them, they could have some too...

Basically, some of these morons aren't half as important as they think they are...big frog in the small pond syndrome... <**>

I have been / can be as intense as *anyone*, and I can take correction, sarcarsm, and some measure of personal humiliation (a little)...

...but if anyone had said some of the stuff in this thread to me, I would have quit right after I kicked his/her/its ###...and if the corps members wanted to defend them, they could have some too...

Basically, some of these morons aren't half as important as they think they are...big frog in the small pond syndrome... <**>

I wouldn't go that far.

Some of the stuff I would just laugh at.