Cadets Narration

Oh my! People who like the Cadets not liking an aspect of their show? Wow...who'd thought THAT could happen? :P

I mean you can be a fan of a corps but not like what they are doing after all? Is that what this thread is about? :blink::blink:

Im afraid thats what this whole season may be about for a lot of us.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like taking a great steak (their musical book) and ruining it with some cheap sauce.

:blink: couldnt have said it better

Okay, I'm going to assume that the sop closest to the microphone isn't a reflection of the entire brass line... that being said, I think this music could absolutely SMOKE come August.

However...

The narration RUINS IT. PERIOD... just like I so eagerly hoped that it wouldn't.

Please George, let it go already... :( :(

Edited by FlamInvert122

Why do they talk the whole time? It wouldn't be so bad if they were not talking in every single break.

soloist isn't too bad though.

The good thing is we are listening to a drum corps in May!

As we all know, what you hear and see in May is not what you hear and see in August.

It's a very good start for the Cadets.

Narration has grown on me. I actually grew to like The Blue Devils "Yowza" show very much.

Can't wait to hear what other corps are doing.

after consensing with a few others we all agreed that the hornline is not impressive at all ... quite dirty and out of tune ... and the narration is just .... well ewww it totally kills what little bit of hope there was left for the piece ....

I can't wait for this show! I love the music choices for this year and I can't wait to see this live.

you know it's funny. the last time a topic was out like this about the cadets was in '05. people hearing about injuries, saying the show was maybe too demanding and too different? also, people not sure how it could be pushing the envelope.

i at the last minute was able to attend memorial brass on sunday and wow, this drum corps is great. sure there is speaking, and a good bit of it, but if you listen to the words being said you follow it just like a story and the music is a great soundtrack to get across the message of their production.

i think what they've done with blue shades is great, yes it hasn't been done before and it doesn't sound like the other versions of blue shades that are out there, but that's what makes it good. the whole idea of practice and the staff quote section is great.

what they said during the closer kept pulling me in, and got goose bumps just from what they were saying and then the corps came in to top it off.

without a doubt strongest brass program i've heard all year and had the opportunity to be at the blue devils paviliion performance as well as a few other camps here and there with crown and pr.

very excited to see this on the field, certainly rivals the opportunities for crown reaction like 2000, 2002.

cadets, bring it home!!!!

:blink: couldnt have said it better

No totally!

I'll admit, I'm not the biggest Cadets fan, but I do like them more than a lot of people that post on here. I'll put it this way; I really really RESPECT the Cadets. How can you not respect that hornline?

I think the biggest disrespect to that hornline is covering up (what are already shaping up to be some great sounds) with Narration.

If your design can't get across to the fans without having to explain somthing, there's a flaw in the design. No need to cover up parts of that design with your explaination.

IMHO