Bluecoats new uni tease

First your off topic...........

Second this photo doesnt do the uniform justice I think people will like it when it is seen on field.........

I saw him and the uniform in person. I have the same opinion of the uniform in person and in the picture.

Now, how they look on a whole group, I'll wait and see.

As far as Bluecoats uniform, I like the helment!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no doubt that the uniform will be awesome and fit the Criminal show really well...

...but it's disappointing that Blue Devils, Blue Knights, and now Bluecoats all look so similar.

They all have different musical identities, but I'd like to see different uniform identities also.

Having never seen the uniform, how can you come to the conclusion that the Bluecoats will look just like BD and BK? You would be assuming that what you read on DCP is fact. Did you just fall off the turnip truck?!

DW

I too have seen the very secretive uniform. Its unique, and its a definite departure than what you are used to from the Bluecoats. Remember, back in the day (like when I marched), the Bluecoats really weren't about being competitive....it was happy-go-lucky-higher-louder-faster-in-four-four-time entertainment. The corps really isn't that creature anymore and this new image really solidifies the new attitude and direction of the corps.

I'm pretty sure, like all image changes that corps go through, some will like it and some will hate it. I, for one, really really like it.

But then again, I liked the Blue Devils in '88 and '89, particularly '89 with the spats....freaking sweet.

DW

here, here Darren.

I also loved the 88, 89 look of BD it was just so different for them. Unexpected. I also like the new change for BC. I am sure there will be lots of people comparing them to others, perhaps not. But overall i think it will be accepted by most.....especially under the lights!

... if Del Monte & the 70's era Houston Astros got together to sponsor a drum corps.

That is it! This is what I was trying to put my finger on re: Madison Uni. I am not so sure I like...but will wait till it is under the lights (or not).

Having never seen the uniform, how can you come to the conclusion that the Bluecoats will look just like BD and BK? You would be assuming that what you read on DCP is fact. Did you just fall off the turnip truck?!

DW

Nice.

When Bluecoats announce that they are wearing a blue jacket and black helmet and pants, are you going to eat crow here?

And, for the record, I said that BK, BD, and Bluecoats would have a similar look, not just alike. If a corps wears a blue jacket and black helmet and pants, then I would expect them to have a similar look.