Bluecoats new uni tease

... if Del Monte & the 70's era Houston Astros got together to sponsor a drum corps.

case in point....

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like to powdered blue uniforms Blooo had in the early '90s. Am I the only one?

I look forward to seeing the new uniforms.

I really like to powdered blue uniforms Blooo had in the early '90s. Am I the only one?

In a word. Yes. :rock:

Did anyone discuss how small the black uniform made the Regiment look as an ensemble? Their appearance seemed shorter when in a block, because the eye loses the dark colors easier at night. Black, especially near the top of the uniform and especially the headgear, may make the corps look shorter.

Nice.

When Bluecoats announce that they are wearing a blue jacket and black helmet and pants, are you going to eat crow here?

And, for the record, I said that BK, BD, and Bluecoats would have a similar look, not just alike. If a corps wears a blue jacket and black helmet and pants, then I would expect them to have a similar look.

There will be no eating of crow. 93Bluecoat has already seen the new uniforms. And while I have not actually seen them, I got the inside scoop and can tell you that they are one of a kind.

Eh...I've always hated the Bluecoats uniform...always...so anything would be an improvement, IMO. But the helmet (which appears relatively unchanged) is especially disgusting, IMO.

Eh...

:blink:

spoken like a true colt... :P

Anyone remember this one. One of my favorite incarnations...

Bluecoats93.jpg

spoken like a true colt... :P

Anyone remember this one. One of my favorite incarnations...

Bluecoats93.jpg

I loved that uni. I thought the white sequined sash would have looked great with the uni the corps has had through the 2000's.

Okay, since the Bluecoats have been my favorite corps since I've been a fan of drum corps, I thought I would do a trip down memory lane. I'd do it with the cadets, but that would be boring.

1972, the Original

1972_sm.jpg

1974, the beginning of the traditional look

1974.jpg

1980, a short departure...

1980.jpg

1981 ...with a shako

1981.jpg

1984 Classic Blue

1984.jpg

1985 ...Now with Plummage!

1985.jpg

1988_sm.jpg

1993 Dark Blue

Bluecoats93.jpg

1997 White Pants

1997.jpg

1999 Dare to stripe! Black gauntlets

1999.jpg

2002 Lost the stripe, white gauntlets

2002.jpg

2006 The long, straightened sash and shortened plum

2006.jpg

This corps and it's uniform have a very strong identity. They have always looked like the Bluecoats while still modernizing and adapting. I can't wait to see the most recent incarnation.