Corps jackets

Another thread got me to thinking…

What did you do with your?

Mine has sat in the back of the closet for about 20 years, making a few moves to different houses with me but never being worn. I should throw it out, thought about it a few times, asked my sister and she threw hers out but still, there it hangs.

And yeah, I could try to wear it, it’d still fit but I’d feel like cheese that was past the expiration date

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thread got me to thinking…

What did you do with your?

Mine has sat in the back of the closet for about 20 years, making a few moves to different houses with me but never being worn. I should throw it out, thought about it a few times, asked my sister and she threw hers out but still, there it hangs.

And yeah, I could try to wear it, it’d still fit but I’d feel like cheese that was past the expiration date

EBay!!! I've sold jackets from different corps I've taught over the years. If it's a popular corps, ther'll be a feeding frenzy!! I sold my drill book from 1990 to some guy in Japan, and got 80 bucks for it.

Good luck!

I still have my corps jacket and will never depart with it. I bought an alumni corps jacket a few years ago. I wear it once in a while.....it's a nice looking jacket.

I still have my corps jacket and will never depart with it. I bought an alumni corps jacket a few years ago. I wear it once in a while.....it's a nice looking jacket.

Same here....on bothj corps jackets (bought one to treade...never did) and the alum one

I'd never let either of my corps jackets go...

...especially my new Kingsmen member jacket (which I never had back in the day)...

"Corps Jackets":

None of mine from the 1960s have survived. I have a couiple others that are really starting to "Age", but I could never bring myself to get rid of them. Too many good memories.

Elphaba

Edited by elphaba01

I have 4.

The one my brother custom ordered for me in 1984

The one the corps started giving out in 1987 when you signed your contract

The Alumni Jacket the corps gave you at the banquet when you aged out

the one I custom ordered in 1995 to replace my 1984 jacket.

And I would never get rid of any of them

Edited by bluecoats88

• 1 year later...

I still have mine but I did cut the name off backin the '60s - wish I hadn't done that now. :unhappy: However, I'll never part with it!

I have 3. They are the only things I have that really show any of the history of the corps I marched with. I try and where one of them to drum corps shows here in Japan when I can go.