DCI.org Fan Network

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering if anyone has heard or notcied that you can only have ONE person signed on to ONE account at ONE time?

I think I'm running into this problem!!! I was hoping to get a couple of friends to go in together for $30/each. Is this not going to be an option? :(

Interesting that there would be surprise that DCI would build this into their system. I have read a couple others who have said they were going to do this and thought it was odd that they would boldly state their intentions.

If DCI actually approved of that and didn't write code to prevent it, they would be most stupid. If it was permissable, then I would think we could all collectively put in .25 cents and share a username and password right here on dcp.

My take on the whole DCI.org Fan Network stuff is simply that it is overpriced for a webcast. HOWEVER, the money that they are spending to send crews, set up, pay or rent equipment, establish the technology, build the online delivery system, pay for bandwidth, etc. must be staggering. It is actually quite remarkable they can make a go of it. So, it's likely they HAVE to charge that much to turn any kind of a profit. I may be naive, but I just don't think that DCI is gouging anyone (I wonder how many platinum users there actually are and then you mulitply that times $90 and it would take a LOT LOT LOT of people to be subscribing for them to break even).

Then, there are people out there who are "ripping them off" by sharing user names and passwords and we wonder why the price gets higher. Perhaps if everyone had bought their own subscriptions the past couple years then there wouldn't be a big price hike.

I've almost talked myself into buying the Platinum, just so I can support what they are doing and encourage them to stick with it in the upcoming years.

Interesting that there would be surprise that DCI would build this into their system. I have read a couple others who have said they were going to do this and thought it was odd that they would boldly state their intentions.

If DCI actually approved of that and didn't write code to prevent it, they would be most stupid. If it was permissable, then I would think we could all collectively put in .25 cents and share a username and password right here on dcp.

My take on the whole DCI.org Fan Network stuff is simply that it is overpriced for a webcast. HOWEVER, the money that they are spending to send crews, set up, pay or rent equipment, establish the technology, build the online delivery system, pay for bandwidth, etc. must be staggering. It is actually quite remarkable they can make a go of it. So, it's likely they HAVE to charge that much to turn any kind of a profit. I may be naive, but I just don't think that DCI is gouging anyone (I wonder how many platinum users there actually are and then you mulitply that times $90 and it would take a LOT LOT LOT of people to be subscribing for them to break even).

Then, there are people out there who are "ripping them off" by sharing user names and passwords and we wonder why the price gets higher. Perhaps if everyone had bought their own subscriptions the past couple years then there wouldn't be a big price hike.

I've almost talked myself into buying the Platinum, just so I can support what they are doing and encourage them to stick with it in the upcoming years.

I have no problem with DCI doing this if they are...I just wish I would've known. Our plan was to get 3 of us to put in $30 each, to make it more affordable...now my friends are kinda screwed, and I feel bad about it.

Last year, I had a couple folks use my account to watch Semis (since they missed all season)...and this didn't happen.

I'm not surprised at all that DCI is making it to where one person only is logged on to one account. It just makes the $90 THAT much harder for one person is all...

Can't wait for tomorrow! Got the computer hooked up to the BIG SCREEN...gonna do a bar-b-que and watch some Drum Corps. God I love summer!

So I bought a membership.....and I'm looking through the available shows to stream and listen to. One of the first that came to mind that I wanted to hear was Phantom Regiment's 1982 Spartacus show. Guess what? It's not there. They skip from the 3rd place corps to the 5th place corps. I thought it was a glitch, so I decided to settle for the 1981 show which was also Spartacus with some minor differences in musical selections and arrangements. It's not there either. Is there some rights issue or some other issue? I know that the Mandarins played a selection from Spartacus I think in 2005 and that show is available.

Okay, so Platinum is basically same as last year, except that you get more options for streaming video and you can look back at the live streams for a few events in the days later?

What is gold? It seems like basically nothing for that, no APDs, etc....I guess I'll just read it, but seems kinda lame...

Since I won't be at any shows after Allentown, idk. I loved just $40-50 for the summer, but $90 is a big commitment, even if the service is improved. If Gold were "everything minus live streams" I would understand, but it's not.

The "Gold Membership" is basically signing up for the newsletter.

**Or I can pay another bill, buy some food, and fill up the gas tank so I can go to work another week.**

I was wondering if anyone has heard or notcied that you can only have ONE person signed on to ONE account at ONE time?

I think I'm running into this problem!!! I was hoping to get a couple of friends to go in together for $30/each. Is this not going to be an option? :(

Well, if you all gather around the same PC, it won't be a problem. Be creative with it.

I heard that it will lock you out for a significant period of time, so if you're doing a share, you better have platinum. Otherwise you'll have to take turns unlocking or password resetting or whatever, probably hours apart.

Get your buddies together, and have a little hang out...