DCI.org Fan Network

I'm wondering what everyone thinks about the new Fan Network (formerly known as Season Pass) at DCI.org.

A platinum membership gains you access to all DCI live streaming events, but wasn't it $90? That seems like quite a jump from last year's 3 month Season Pass membership of $30 or $40 (can't remember exactly how much it was). Don't you think?

Gold (free) members can buy live streams for individual events (similar to pay per view), but DCI.org doesn't say how much each event costs? My guess? Around $20-$30 each.

Seems like prices have gone up. I may just buy one or two events this year. Semi-finals for sure, maybe one other one. Anyone else have any thoughts?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the site even back up? I can't connect to dci.org for some reason of it is...

Nevermind it finally connected. Not a fan. Seems a bit of a visual overload and it's WAY too cluttered.

Edited by Carl306

Is the site even back up? I can't connect to dci.org for some reason of it is...

It's working for me, albeit a little slow. It may be my computer, or first day bugs, or lots of visitors to the site right now.

I don't like how they have set up the Fan Network. I had planned on purchasing Season Pass for just the summer, but now I probably won't. I can't see paying $90 for something when I only wanted it for the summer.

:(

I don't like how they have set up the Fan Network. I had planned on purchasing Season Pass for just the summer, but now I probably won't. I can't see paying $90 for something when I only wanted it for the summer.

:(

I was thinking about doing the exact same thing. How much are you willing to pay for live streaming/watching events in your PJ's at home? I think there's a limit to how much some people will spend.

I was thinking about doing the exact same thing. How much are you willing to pay for live streaming/watching events in your PJ's at home? I think there's a limit to how much some people will spend.

I'm not sure if I will signup. I've used it the past 2 years, but I'm not happy with the setup. I was hoping that there would be a way of clicking on visual performances, just like we do the audio streaming. And, I was hoping that these would go back as far as possible.

The price seems like it might be getting too steep.

It appears they're trying to sell me something, but I can't figure out what. Are they trying to sell me the new travel agency that DCI has in connection with Wyndham or are they selling me, band uniforms, instruments from their sponsors or dci season pass? Or are they trying to sell me DCI? What exactly are they trying to sell me? :rock:

[enter sarcasm]

You know at first when I entered the page I thought I was going to like it, I liked the color scheme of the nice blue and then they over did it with busy advertising logos. They're also trying to resell the way to think about drum corps if you think about it, with the "Masters of Music blah, blah, blah" logo...if you ask me.

Survey says.... <**> too busy and cluttered.

Edited by Lancerlady

I might be more inclined to buy the year long subscription is there were some assurances that there will be a steady diet of updated content through the off-season... but as it stands now, it's hard for me to justify spending that kind of money for three months of fresh content.

Man, you guys kill me.

"EnCorps! Video

Watch performances from your favorite Drum Corps International units... whenever you want...as often as you want! Available just days following tour events in Annapolis, MD, San Antonio, TX and The 2007 DCI World Championships Semifinals from the Rose Bowl Stadium in Pasadena, CA, you'll enjoy individual corps performances over and over again... all from the convenience of your computer."

They finally offer everything that this forum has been complaining about, including video on-demand, and not having to watch those shows at a specific time, and now everyone's in a tizzy about $20. Seriously, do you guys think bandwidth is free? Multi-camera transmissions are somehow magically free? I think there are some people here who got spoiled by last year's freebies. Last season had several unexpected shows, none of which were scheduled because I guess they were trying stuff out. They get it figured out, and now you guys complain?

Insufferable.

I can definitely see why some people think that the new site is cluttered, etc., but I can't stand how so many here jump up and act entitled. Lame.