Best Drum Line in History?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again it almost seems like anything before 1999 doesn't count.

Blue Devils percussion was phenomenal in 1997. Better?

:P

2003 Cadets

:blink: b**bs :doh: b**bs :bleah: b**bs :rock: b**bs :blink: b**bs :doh: b**bs :rock: b**bs :doh: b**bs :worthy: b**bs

Close the topic now.

So many HMs could go out, but that line dominates. Cleanest ever. Awesome solo. Cowbells. Lying down.

Excuse me, I have to go watch it right now.

P.S.- There would be more emoticons, but the forum won't allow it. :(

BD - '83, '86

Cadets - '93, '00

PR - '06

SCV - '87, '04

I think the tenor drum feature in the drum solo in '82 was the cleanest I had ever heard ever until Cadets sometime in the 00's...

Maybe '83 was awesome as well, but I remember the Bridgemen tenors being UNTOUCHABLE in '82. Nice shot of them on the '82 Legacy DVD...

One of my college professors marching that '82 tenor line. As well as Tommy Igoe for all that jazz cats out there.

I figured by the time I read this both '83 Bridgemen and '93 Star would have been mentioned. I guess I get to be the first to mention '93 Star.

Since I marched in the 80s, those are the lines I'm most familiar with. The Bridgemen were unreal in 82/83. I mean just awesome-amazingly clean. The 84 27th Lancers like someone said above also were hyper agressive and very clean. Their quads-I could have watched them rehearse all day. Also, before my time, but when I marched Northstar still had a reputation for being a great line. BD was also always great in the 80s.

Once again it almost seems like anything before 1999 doesn't count. Bridgemen during the early 80's, Oakland in I believe 75, and a host of others in the 70-80's could be counted.

I imagine that it's because most of the people posting on here were tiny tots back then. Most of us don't have the exposure you do.

I'd have to say SCV '91 - '92.

Pi$$ clean both seasons but especially '92 (too bad the show lacked judge appeal).

Also, I don't think any other line yielded as many great players / arrangers / techs that are teaching across the country today:

Murray Gusseck - obvious

Jim Cassella - obvious

Mike Apodaca(sp?) - currently Colts Tenor Tech

Jeff Queen - obvious

Walter Powell - SCV snare tech

Jon Weber - Michigan State Caption Head

Colin McNutt - Cadets' goto guy when Aungst isn't there

Vince Gardner - Scouts bass tech

Nick Angelis - obvious

I'm sure there's more...

It's the line that keeps on giving it up! :blink::rock::doh:

One of my college professors marching that '82 tenor line. As well as Tommy Igoe for all that jazz cats out there.

I figured by the time I read this both '83 Bridgemen and '93 Star would have been mentioned. I guess I get to be the first to mention '93 Star.

even though I already mentioned it... B)